Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Super Diamond seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
Seat map:

Seat features:
Each seat is equipped with 2 USB sockets and 1 universal power socket
Static 15.4" HD display
IFE content powered by Panasonic eX2 system
Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided (retrieved by crew about 60 mins before landing)

Seating notes:
Seats 5A and 6L are in view of galley occupants
Seats 10A, 10D, 10H, and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets
Seats 6L, 7A, and 7L have restricted views (window blank)

Related threads:
Best business seats: 777-200 Concept D layout
Boeing 777-200 aircraft guide
Three class 777-200 sold as domestic two class
Best 777-200 economy seats - Main cabin and main cabin extra (thread 1)
Best 777-200 economy seats - Main cabin and main cabin extra (thread 2)
Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Super Diamond seat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
Enjoy the flight tonight. I'm sure it will be great! ^

Thanks. Well we survived both flights. They were both the newer Diamond configuration and we were in 1D / 1H both ways. A few observations:

1D is annoying because the flight attendant uses the top cabinet space to do ALL of her paperwork and is always there shuffling around papers. They also do not close the curtain there I assume because of the lav. ? They do close the curtain on the other aisle side. Other than that the area was quiet and no one tends to sit in 1A because it is reserved for the pilot. He did hang out there some on the way back but not on the flight over.

For parents, the rear lav in between the front and rear business section is much bigger and makes for easier diaper changing.

Also, the new style seat belts with the air bag thing are a PITA, especially for trying to hold/sleep with or nurse a lap child. I was very tired of messing with the seat belt bulge.

I can't say I would want to do a lap child again like that as 10 hours is a long long time. She did pretty good but it was exhausting. (17 months old).

Oh and our flight did not have Wi-Fi in either direction so for over 2 weeks the plane's Wi-Fi was broken. Some very unhappy business people on it. Not sure why they didn't have it fixed when we were on the same plane on the way back.

Thanks for all the tips and advice here. It really did help make things much better overall.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Deanne Wagner

Thanks for all the tips and advice here. It really did help make things much better overall.
Good feedback, thanks! Glad the insights here did help you. ^
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Does Row 1 have a much bigger footwell like the 77w Row 3 does?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by uscjeff

Does anyone have the answer to this??
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Originally Posted by kar don
Does anyone have the answer to this??
Same size as the other seats.
fedechat likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Deanne Wagner
Thanks. Well we survived both flights. They were both the newer Diamond configuration and we were in 1D / 1H both ways. A few observations:

1D is annoying because the flight attendant uses the top cabinet space to do ALL of her paperwork and is always there shuffling around papers. They also do not close the curtain there I assume because of the lav. ? They do close the curtain on the other aisle side. Other than that the area was quiet and no one tends to sit in 1A because it is reserved for the pilot. He did hang out there some on the way back but not on the flight over.

The Pilot Not Flying has a designated seat on longer flights. The front seat area can be disrupted by galley, lava and human noise on most aircraft.

For parents, the rear lav in between the front and rear business section is much bigger and makes for easier diaper changing.

The lavatory for people with disabilities is very useful and spacious.

Also, the new style seat belts with the air bag thing are a PITA, especially for trying to hold/sleep with or nurse a lap child. I was very tired of messing with the seat belt bulge.

The lap strap is only required to be used on the ground, on takeoff and landing. It is not, AFAIK, required in normal flight.

I can't say I would want to do a lap child again like that as 10 hours is a long long time. She did pretty good but it was exhausting. (17 months old).

Oh and our flight did not have Wi-Fi in either direction so for over 2 weeks the plane's Wi-Fi was broken. Some very unhappy business people on it. Not sure why they didn't have it fixed when we were on the same plane on the way back.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 11, 2017 at 4:28 pm Reason: Typoe
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
My miles and cash upgrade just cleared for HND - LAX next week and looks like it's on this version of the 772. Prefer the "A" side (since I sleep on my left side). Looks like my options are 2A, 8A, 9A or 10A. Anything better than the other? Right now looks like the second cabin is pretty wide open across all rows.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
My miles and cash upgrade just cleared for HND - LAX next week and looks like it's on this version of the 772. Prefer the "A" side (since I sleep on my left side). Looks like my options are 2A, 8A, 9A or 10A. Anything better than the other? Right now looks like the second cabin is pretty wide open across all rows.
Following up to my own post. Ended up with 2A for HNDLAX and then switched to 10L for LAXDFW (both same version of 772, the LAXDFW is the plane that comes in from NRT a few minutes earlier).

Really liked the seat a lot. At 5'11, 160, I didn't have any issues with knee space and the tray. Was a little concerned that foot space would be an issue as a non-bulkhead but again no issue for me (size 10.5/11 shoe). Slept for about 6 hours on HNDLAX.

I'd happily take 2A again, it was quiet and especially low traffic since 1A was blocked for pilot rest. On LAXDFW, I found 10L to be equally comfortable but prefer the angle of the A seats since I tend to sleep on my left side. Also felt that service was much slower back in 10L vs 2A but can't say for sure if that was due to the crew or being in the last J row or both.

If it were me, I'd always take the front cabin, the two J cabins combined are huge and it's the same set of FAs serving both so being in the front means you get everything first and can go to sleep more quickly on the long hauls.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
Just took this plane from LAX to HND to LAX - and sat in 5H and 9L.

Being 6’5” - I would book either an A seat (or H seat if no A is available) next time as I sleep on my left and that allowed for my knees to be in the cubby and be more comfortable.

If you sleep on your right - I would book a L seat (or a D seat if there were no L seats available) - as the cubby is on your right.

Either way - being as tall as I was - it’s super constricted and you can’t really move other than onto your back and then you hit both ends of the seat.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Trying to plan for the best seat on this AC, LHR-DFW. Daytime flight so not a huge issue, but I’m a left side sleeper and would have preferred the A side based on previous posts.

Currently only 9-10A open. 4-10L open and I’m currently in 1L. Any thoughts on proximity to galley of 1L vs 4L or even 7L? Considering 7L to hedge against Zodiac but fearful it may be louder.
Edit: Updated to list correct routing. LHR-DFW

Last edited by MichaelKade; Jan 27, 2018 at 3:16 am
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I took a rather circuitous route to HNL from LAX yesterday Jan. 30th. Left LAX on AA 1071 at 12:55 AM and arrived at DFW at around 6 AM. Wasn't able to sleep on this redeye, and as a result, I was pretty tired upon arrival at DFW. Hung out in the Admirals Club in Terminal D for a couple of hours and then boarded AA 123 for HNL at around 8:30 AM. This flight was operated by a 777 (N793AN) with the super diamond business seats. Apparently 1A is blocked as a pilot rest seat so I had settled for 2A when making the reservation. These seats are pretty much identical to the 789 business class seats. I was super comfortable and fell sound asleep shortly after takeoff. I slept through the entire lunch service and had failed to inform the FA's about this possibility. When I woke up and realized what had happened I resigned myself to just having the small plate served prior to arrival in Honolulu. Surprisingly one of the FA's came by and asked if I still wanted lunch. I asked if that was a possibility and she replied that it was. I got my Sam Choy pork chop (it was really good) and all the accoutrements that go with it. I know a lot of negative comments about AA are found in this and other threads in this forum but sometimes AA really comes through in the clutch.
akarneboge likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
This is the thread discussing the 772 with B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business seats only.

Posts inquiring about 772 type or seats have been moved to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...under-way.html.

Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:51 am

Does V4 have rows 1-5, then just 6L, bathrooms and galley, rows 7-10, three rows of PE, with no indication on AA's seat map of forward or rear facing?

If so, which are the better (or worse) rows for a couple who like sitting in the center pairs?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Bin size

Are these bins the new extra large kind? Bringing a B&R standard baseline US carry on but will have it fully expanded. Fits in the 773 bins but never been on the two class 772.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:26 am

If it conforms to carry on policy and fits in the sizer, it will fit in the overhead on a 772.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.