Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777" C37 Super Diamond Main Cabin & Extra MCE (archive)

Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
American Airlines Boeing 777-200ER
Main Cabin layout

Image: aerolopa.com
Note, seatguru’s seating charts are out of date and should be disregarded.

General information
The Main Cabin layout is standardised across the entire Boeing 777-200ER fleet, so economy seat assignments are protected in the event of an aircraft switching from type 1 to type 2 (or vice versa)

Main Cabin Extra:
Safran (formerly Weber) 5751 slimline seats configured 3-4-3 arranged with a 34" pitch; 9" screens.

In the seat plan the MCE seats are indicated with orange accents

Main Cabin:
Safran 5751 slimline seats configured 3-4-3 arranged with a 31" pitch; 9" screens.

In the seat plan these seats are indicated with red accents

Wifi:
Panasonic high speed satellite wifi

IFE:
Panasonic eX2 AVOD in-flight entertainment system with Live TV

Seat observations and recommendations
Row 17: the bulkhead partitions are raised on steel pedestals affording these seats additional foot space
20 DEGH: designated and sold as Main Cabin Extra but beware these seats do not offer additional leg room

Sister threads
As all AA 77Es share identical Main Cabin and MCE layouts, you can also check out the comments and recommendations posted in the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...extra-mce.html thread
Print Wikipost

Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777" C37 Super Diamond Main Cabin & Extra MCE (archive)

Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors

Hi:
I am scheduled to fly from MIA to BCN, and the plane is a 777-200 V3. I am 6'4" and I prefer a window seat while flying overnight. Which one is the best window seat?
I am debating between 13L, 14L, and 26L.
Seatguru does not have enough info on that.
Does 13L have enough room to stretch your legs? (I am pretty tall.)
Or is the bulkhead obstructing you from doing that?
Is 14L a better option?
I know 26L has more room, but there is the slide, which on some planes can be very annoying. How intrusive is the slide on this particular plane?

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 2017 at 11:51 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Checkout this TPG post. Good photos of both rows 13 and 26. Frankly, I'd be happy with either one
(although my preference would be row 13) and I don't find the exit row slide too intrusive.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/11/new...retrofit-tour/

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
Rededicated this thread to all MCE / Econ seats on the 777-223ER / 772 "Version 4" (two class B/E Aerospace Business seats), retitled thread, restored original post title and added a Wikipost.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Checkout this TPG post. Good photos of both rows 13 and 26. Frankly, I'd be happy with either one
(although my preference would be row 13) and I don't find the exit row slide too intrusive.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/11/new...retrofit-tour/

-FlyerBeek
Thx FlyerBeek,
I read that article and I was tempted to switch from 26L to 13L, but then JT, the author of the article made a comment that I won't have enough room to stretch my legs in row 13. Have you tried any of these seats, or your preference is solely based on the pictures from the article?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by sobe_dude
Thx FlyerBeek,
I read that article and I was tempted to switch from 26L to 13L, but then JT, the author of the article made a comment that I won't have enough room to stretch my legs in row 13. Have you tried any of these seats, or your preference is solely based on the pictures from the article?
I've tried 26L and don't mind the slide (but I'm only 5'10"). My comment on 13L was based simply on the photos (and past experience with similar bulkhead rows on AA).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by sobe_dude
Hi:
I am scheduled to fly from MIA to BCN, and the plane is a 777-200 V3. I am 6'4" and I prefer a window seat while flying overnight. Which one is the best window seat?
I am debating between 13L, 14L, and 26L.
Seatguru does not have enough info on that.
Does 13L have enough room to stretch your legs? (I am pretty tall.)
Or is the bulkhead obstructing you from doing that?
Is 14L a better option?
I know 26L has more room, but there is the slide, which on some planes can be very annoying. How intrusive is the slide on this particular plane?
I'm 6'4", 260#, and chose 17H for DFW-FCO in late August. Bear in mind the seats will be NARROW on this bird (even narrower than the seats on a 737). You simply will not want any further reductions in seat width by opting for a bulkhead or exit seat. Go with 14L.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
what's other's thoughts on 13H (risk of babies) vs 15 D (with 15E and F currently free on a light load)?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Looking forward to seeing some pics of V4....especially bulkhead MCE.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:52 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Post 777-200 V4 Configuration details

I flew this configuration recently (and got bumped out of row 16 MCE, which does not exist). It is based on SeatGuru V3, with the following differences:

J = Rows 1-5 + 7-10 as in V3, but all forward-facing B/E Aerospace J Seats.

MCE = Rows 13-15 in 2+3+2 configuration, with extra width between seats, similar to Domestic First, and larger AVOD screens on seatbacks.

Row 16 is gone! Replaced by a bulkhead aft of MCE section.

Y = Row 17 in 2+4+2 configuration with extra legroom before the bulkhead, but standard width between seats, AVOD screens in armrests.

Y = Row 18+ in 3+4+3 configuration as shown in V3.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA
Im flying CDG to DFW in March in MC and can't match up the 772 seat map. Main Cabin starts at Row 17.

I also thought this route was a 787. Any advice? Thank you
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:29 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Prestonfgraham
Im flying CDG to DFW in March in MC and can't match up the 772 seat map. Main Cabin starts at Row 17.

I also thought this route was a 787. Any advice? Thank you
Think that is the 772-"V4" configuration reported above. Though the MCE section is not currently showing on the seatmap I looked at, perhaps to give them flexibility.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
I'm 6'4", 260#, and chose 17H for DFW-FCO in late August. Bear in mind the seats will be NARROW on this bird (even narrower than the seats on a 737). You simply will not want any further reductions in seat width by opting for a bulkhead or exit seat. Go with 14L.
In the seat map where there isn't a row 16, isn't row 17 also a bulkhead?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dstan
Think that is the 772-"V4" configuration reported above. Though the MCE section is not currently showing on the seatmap I looked at, perhaps to give them flexibility.
It is now. Also to the poster asking - I believe it was a 787 in the winter and is a 772 in March

Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
MCE on V4 772 Seat Recommendations?

Has anyone flown MCE in one of these new v4 772 configs (the ones with 37J/24PEY/Y)? I have a flight with my family in June from FRA-DFW on one and we currently have 17 A/C, 17 K/L.

I am wondering if we should move back just take something like 19 D/E/G/H or move back even further to an MCE row like 27 or 28. Any insights on MCE on this config would be appreciated. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I'm also curious to hear from anyone with specific experience on MCE on this V4 configuration. I'm flying DFW-HNL soon, and am currently booked in 18C, which appears to not have a seat in front of it, but is this really the case? I'm also considering 26C, which also looks to have excellent legroom. It's a daytime flight, so I'm really just looking for space to stretch out (not overly concerned with proximity to galleys/lavatories since I won't be sleeping). Does anyone have a preference between row 18 vs 26?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.