Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777" C37 Super Diamond Economy / Main Cabin & Extra MCE

Best Economy Seat 777-200 “777" C37 Super Diamond Economy / Main Cabin & Extra MCE

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 10, 17, 4:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Boeing two class 777-200ER / "772" CIP B/E Aerospace J Seat Refitted Main Cabin Extra and Main Cabin / Economy Seat Discussion
No First Class; B/E Aerospace Full Flat Aisle Access Business; - Rollout Began 2016

NOTE: Boeing 777-200ER – 777 / 772 threads (47 total)
Estimated time of completion : August 2017

Program details:
  • AA's Boeing 772 / 777-200ER / 777-223ER CIP (Cabin Improvement Program) / refurbishment presumably was to begin Q1 2014 with the test article. First flights with the new configuration were October 2014. (Delayed from September)
  • Zodiac's inability to supply Business seats has slowed CIP refit to a crawl; 4 of 47 772s completed by July 2015
  • Two configurations with high and low Business seat quantities
  • Two configurations in Business: Zodiac forward and aft facing oblique, and B/E Aerospace Super Diamond all forward facing oblique
See aa.com's Boeing 777-200 Retrofit page for more information and renderings

Flying in the Main Cabin gives you a host of options like:
  • Specially designed Main Cabin Extra seating offering up to six more inches of legroom to stretch out
  • Universal AC power outlets and USB ports at every seat (seat back in front of you)
  • Personal in-seat entertainment with up to 250 movies, and over 180 TV programs and 350 audio selections (seat back screen w/ controller handset)
  • International (satellite based) Wi-Fi capability keeping you connected anywhere on the globe
Link (includes photos)
See posts xxx for Main Cabin /Economy and Main Cabin Extra seat charts.

Cabin changes from the pre-October 2014 777-200ER (coded "777" in the schedule):
  • First class is eliminated
  • Business class seats are replaced with 45 (or 37) fully flat horizontal B/E Aerospace seats with direct aisle access, rear/forward or all forward facing
  • Main Cabin Extra 17" wide seats 10 abreast in a 3-4-3 except for 13AB and 13KL
  • Main Cabin 17" wide seats 10 abreast in a 3-4-3 configuration with the exception of three 2-4-2 rows # 36-38 and a "deuce" 2 seats at 25 AC
  • International (satellite-based) Wi-Fi
  • In-seat IFE, every seat with universal plug 110V a/c and USB power
  • 37 Business cabin seats (B/E Aerospace Super Diamond)
  • 58 Main Cabin Extra (dimensions as above)
  • 194 Main Cabin (dimensions as above)
  • Rows 13 DEH, 18 DEH and 37 DEGH are not available for advance seat selection.
Current AA Boeing 777 nomenclature as used by AA, various GDS, etc. as mentioned in several posts, especially hillrider and mall.
  • 777 and what AA is now calling the unmodified 777-223ER plane.
  • 772 is refitted two class 777-223ER plane
  • 77W is the three class 777-323ER.
Note: refurbished (772) are to get Premium Economy in 2017-18.

See 77D / Refit 777-200ER / 772 / CIP: No First; New Business Rollout Starts 2014 (consolidated) for general discussion, fleet CIP updates, routing, etc.

See: Boeing "77D" / CIP Refitted 777-223ER Business Seat / Seats for Business seating discussion.

See "A Tour of American Airlines’ New 777-200 Retrofit" by The Points Guy

Updated 10 Jul 2017 - JDiver

[
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 10, 17, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors

Hi:
I am scheduled to fly from MIA to BCN, and the plane is a 777-200 V3. I am 6'4" and I prefer a window seat while flying overnight. Which one is the best window seat?
I am debating between 13L, 14L, and 26L.
Seatguru does not have enough info on that.
Does 13L have enough room to stretch your legs? (I am pretty tall.)
Or is the bulkhead obstructing you from doing that?
Is 14L a better option?
I know 26L has more room, but there is the slide, which on some planes can be very annoying. How intrusive is the slide on this particular plane?

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 17 at 11:51 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jul 10, 17, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP (3MM), UA PLT, DL PM, MR PLT PREM, HH DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, OTHERS
Checkout this TPG post. Good photos of both rows 13 and 26. Frankly, I'd be happy with either one
(although my preference would be row 13) and I don't find the exit row slide too intrusive.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/11/new...retrofit-tour/

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 10, 17, 11:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Rededicated this thread to all MCE / Econ seats on the 777-223ER / 772 "Version 4" (two class B/E Aerospace Business seats), retitled thread, restored original post title and added a Wikipost.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 17 at 12:58 pm
Old Jul 11, 17, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Checkout this TPG post. Good photos of both rows 13 and 26. Frankly, I'd be happy with either one
(although my preference would be row 13) and I don't find the exit row slide too intrusive.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/11/new...retrofit-tour/

-FlyerBeek
Thx FlyerBeek,
I read that article and I was tempted to switch from 26L to 13L, but then JT, the author of the article made a comment that I won't have enough room to stretch my legs in row 13. Have you tried any of these seats, or your preference is solely based on the pictures from the article?
Old Jul 11, 17, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP (3MM), UA PLT, DL PM, MR PLT PREM, HH DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, OTHERS
Originally Posted by sobe_dude View Post
Thx FlyerBeek,
I read that article and I was tempted to switch from 26L to 13L, but then JT, the author of the article made a comment that I won't have enough room to stretch my legs in row 13. Have you tried any of these seats, or your preference is solely based on the pictures from the article?
I've tried 26L and don't mind the slide (but I'm only 5'10"). My comment on 13L was based simply on the photos (and past experience with similar bulkhead rows on AA).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 31, 17, 9:11 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by sobe_dude View Post
Hi:
I am scheduled to fly from MIA to BCN, and the plane is a 777-200 V3. I am 6'4" and I prefer a window seat while flying overnight. Which one is the best window seat?
I am debating between 13L, 14L, and 26L.
Seatguru does not have enough info on that.
Does 13L have enough room to stretch your legs? (I am pretty tall.)
Or is the bulkhead obstructing you from doing that?
Is 14L a better option?
I know 26L has more room, but there is the slide, which on some planes can be very annoying. How intrusive is the slide on this particular plane?
I'm 6'4", 260#, and chose 17H for DFW-FCO in late August. Bear in mind the seats will be NARROW on this bird (even narrower than the seats on a 737). You simply will not want any further reductions in seat width by opting for a bulkhead or exit seat. Go with 14L.
Old Aug 22, 17, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
what's other's thoughts on 13H (risk of babies) vs 15 D (with 15E and F currently free on a light load)?
Old Sep 1, 17, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA gold
Looking forward to seeing some pics of V4....especially bulkhead MCE.
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Post 777-200 V4 Configuration details

I flew this configuration recently (and got bumped out of row 16 MCE, which does not exist). It is based on SeatGuru V3, with the following differences:

J = Rows 1-5 + 7-10 as in V3, but all forward-facing B/E Aerospace J Seats.

MCE = Rows 13-15 in 2+3+2 configuration, with extra width between seats, similar to Domestic First, and larger AVOD screens on seatbacks.

Row 16 is gone! Replaced by a bulkhead aft of MCE section.

Y = Row 17 in 2+4+2 configuration with extra legroom before the bulkhead, but standard width between seats, AVOD screens in armrests.

Y = Row 18+ in 3+4+3 configuration as shown in V3.
Old Dec 4, 17, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA
Im flying CDG to DFW in March in MC and can't match up the 772 seat map. Main Cabin starts at Row 17.

I also thought this route was a 787. Any advice? Thank you
Old Dec 4, 17, 4:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Prestonfgraham View Post
Im flying CDG to DFW in March in MC and can't match up the 772 seat map. Main Cabin starts at Row 17.

I also thought this route was a 787. Any advice? Thank you
Think that is the 772-"V4" configuration reported above. Though the MCE section is not currently showing on the seatmap I looked at, perhaps to give them flexibility.
Old Dec 15, 17, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc View Post
I'm 6'4", 260#, and chose 17H for DFW-FCO in late August. Bear in mind the seats will be NARROW on this bird (even narrower than the seats on a 737). You simply will not want any further reductions in seat width by opting for a bulkhead or exit seat. Go with 14L.
In the seat map where there isn't a row 16, isn't row 17 also a bulkhead?
Old Dec 15, 17, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by dstan View Post
Think that is the 772-"V4" configuration reported above. Though the MCE section is not currently showing on the seatmap I looked at, perhaps to give them flexibility.
It is now. Also to the poster asking - I believe it was a 787 in the winter and is a 772 in March

Old Jan 25, 18, 10:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
MCE on V4 772 Seat Recommendations?

Has anyone flown MCE in one of these new v4 772 configs (the ones with 37J/24PEY/Y)? I have a flight with my family in June from FRA-DFW on one and we currently have 17 A/C, 17 K/L.

I am wondering if we should move back just take something like 19 D/E/G/H or move back even further to an MCE row like 27 or 28. Any insights on MCE on this config would be appreciated. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 27, 18, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I'm also curious to hear from anyone with specific experience on MCE on this V4 configuration. I'm flying DFW-HNL soon, and am currently booked in 18C, which appears to not have a seat in front of it, but is this really the case? I'm also considering 26C, which also looks to have excellent legroom. It's a daytime flight, so I'm really just looking for space to stretch out (not overly concerned with proximity to galleys/lavatories since I won't be sleeping). Does anyone have a preference between row 18 vs 26?

Search this Thread