Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Why should I take the $450 per year AA credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why should I take the $450 per year AA credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
For PRESTIGE: You get $250 statement (if you purchase a flight costing more than $250) credit and the AF is $350 for CITIGOLD clients = AC club membership for $100/year [New card holders get 50,000 miles with $3000 spending in the first 3 months.]

For EXECUTIVE: the 10,000 EQM bonus "costs" $40,000 [if you spend that much in 3 months...not good for misers] [PS: Over in the 'mileage run" section RTs from NYC to some Asian cities are showing around $750 with 15,000 (or so RT miles), gets you 15,000 EQMS.
Slight correction. Prestige gives you 50,000 TYP's not miles. I myself prefer the Prestige to any other product on the market. And regarding the Executive, it is $40,000 of spend over a year, not 3 months to get the 10,000 EQM's. It was attractive when it offered 75,000 miles and applaud those that jumped on when it was 100,000 miles offered.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by AATrout
Got it. For a mere $50/year airline credit delta per year -vs- the the immense benefits AMEX offers if you are a reliable top tier biller- I had no reason to depart. Rarely needed anything from them but when I have - its been handled expertly and effectively from a rep speaking coherent English and with authority to handle the issue. International travel - when I cant stay in a Marriott property: with AMEX I get elite treatment in regional properties. Cant say thats been the case with any other card.
I'll take the 4th night free offer from Prestige over any elite treatment from Amex. Vegas is a good example where you can make Fri or Sat night your 4th night and save a ton of money.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
AC membership is key when you need to make any kind of change to your ticket. The regular ticket agents at the airport, particularly Express locations or unfriendly big cities, don't know how to or won't help at all.
BINGO.
This is the reason I keep the card as well.
SDFC or Standby, the AC is the best place to do it, with a smile of course :-::-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.