Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by Djokison
There are none of the "angle lie flat" (though I would consider them more "extra reclining" than "angle flat") left. They've all been converted to regular domestic F seats and are flying PHX-Hawaii (and some continental US routes from PHX).
How about flight 204 PHL-AMS on 01/09/2018.
Regular domestic F seats?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Michael D
That flight is flown with legacy AA planes:
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are two versions of 757-200 remaining in service with AA AFAIK:

The legacy AA 757 International with the B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel seats in Business / First, much like the Business seats in the transcontinental A321T.

The “Eisenhower” and other legacy AA 757-200scwith standard reclining F/J seats have been retired.

The legacy US “East” 757s centered in PHX used on Hawaii service, refitted with reclining First / Business seats.

The “75H” legacy HP “West”757-200s previously used on Hawaii Service have been returned to lessors or retired.

See the unofficial AA fleet site’s 757-200 page.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Michael D
LAA 757 with fully flat J seats just like on the A321T (lacking built in IFE, though).

It's easy to tell which is which. 12 seats = Domestic, 16 seats is the LAA international.
The domestic version pretty much only does PHX flights and PHL-SJU/CUN.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:42 am

Added to the Wiki:

A basic listing of long haul aircraft and Business seats from econometrics, accurate as 13 45J are reduced to 37J:

This now will leave AA's INTL fleet with:

42 BE Super Diamond reverse herringbone seats (14 789, 28 772)
39 Zodiac (Concept D) forward/reverse seats (20 788, 19 772)
24 Zodiac Envoy seats (A330 fleet)
24 Thompson Vantage seats (767)
24 BE Diamond seats (757)
20 (Zodiac) Cirrus reverse herringbone seats (77W)
The subfleet of 13 777-223ER / 772 with 45 Zodiac Concept D seats is being reduced in seat count to 37 Zodiac seats to standardize the subfleet to 19 Zodiac equipped 772s with 37 seats, and 27 with 37 BE Super Diamond seats.

See AA reducing 45 Business Class seats to 37 from the “45” 777 / 772
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:30 pm

Which (772) aircraft version is this? (to merge)

Im booked HNL-DFW in business in July on the 772-777 product. Business class looks like the V3 version of this plane but I cant confirm it because the premium economy seats dont match up to any version. Any one able to confirm? On the seat selector on AA there are 3 rows of 8 in premium economy and I cant seem to match that up with any of the 3. There are 10 rows of business class.

Last edited by wesbob; Feb 24, 2018 at 2:45 pm
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by wesbob
Im booked HNL-DFW in business in July on the 777 product. Business class looks like the V3 version of this plane but I cant confirm it because the premium economy seats dont match up to any version. Any one able to confirm? On the seat selector on AA there are 3 rows of 8 in premium economy and I cant seem to match that up with any of the 3.
As you can read in the 772 threads, e.g. the refit thread, AA is thinning these down to two versions from three:

28 37J with Super Diamond seats

19 aircraft 37J with Zodiac seats - including the 13 45J versions now with seats being removed for 37J conformity.

Until AA finishes this presumably final retrofit, passengers will be subject to aircraft substitutions and possible seart assignment change / loss. It’s a bit of a mess right now.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
As you can read in the 772 threads, e.g. the refit thread, AA is thinning these down to two versions from three:

28 37J with Super Diamond seats

19 aircraft 37J with Zodiac seats - including the 13 45J versions now with seats being removed for 37J conformity.

Until AA finishes this presumably final retrofit, passengers will be subject to aircraft substitutions and possible seart assignment change / loss. It’s a bit of a mess right now.

So on the seat map is shows first, is this not a lay flat seat? If this is a lay flat seat are you saying they could potentially change aircraft and I could l lose it?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:10 pm

So on the seat map is shows first, is this not a lay flat seat? If this is a lay flat seat are you saying they could potentially change aircraft and I could l lose it?
All J seats on the 47 772s in the fleet are “lay flat”, whether Zodiac or Super Diamond. But in my opinion anyone selecting a seat numeration beyond that encompassed by 37 Business seats on the 45J Zodiac stands risk of losing that seat - or at least being reseated involuntarily.

And Premium Economy is being added, iirc, so that will be some more havoc to seat charts and panning until we have some knowledge of the seating and designation. (Of course, it will take SeatGuru another year to catch up - just as they’re currently out of date.)
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
All J seats on the 47 772s in the fleet are “lay flat”, whether Zodiac or Super Diamond. But in my opinion anyone selecting a seat numeration beyond that encompassed by 37 Business seats on the 45J Zodiac stands risk of losing that seat - or at least being reseated involuntarily.
The seat map for the flight im booked on only has 37 first class seats available and we are in the middle of that, so we should be ok even if they reassign because we are with that 37 number and also regardless they will be lay flat seats?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:32 pm

The seat map for the flight im booked on only has 37 first class seats available and we are in the middle of that, so we should be ok even if they reassign because we are with that 37 number and also regardless they will be lay flat seats?
The only changes you could experience if you’re within the 37 J seat numeration are if the aircraft changes between Zodiac “Concept D Solo Suite” (fore and aft seating, see here) and B/E Aerospace Super Diamond (reverse herringbone, all forward facing, see here).

All AA 777s have full lie flat solo Suites with aisle access in domestic F / International J.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:39 am

looking for the flight AA 19 in october (MIA-DFW) in first. Google flights says: flat bed, is it really a retrofitted 757 ? Thanks :-)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by jotxl
looking for the flight AA 19 in october (MIA-DFW) in first. Google flights says: flat bed, is it really a retrofitted 757 ? Thanks :-)
You've dug up a real old thread here.

Google is correct, they're flatbeds.

There are only 2 757 configuration left, the 75L (16 flat bed seats) and the 75H (12 regular domestic first seats), the latter is found on PHX-Hawaii, various Phoenix routes and PHL-SJU/CUN.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:05 am

Thanks@Djokison for the fast reply :-)

First: Is the a more actual thread ? I looked for that...

Seatguru says there are 4 Versions of 757. And the version with 16 premium seats is the international version. Is it right, that these fly also sometimes domestic ?
EF Shows me also 16 seats:-)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by jotxl
Thanks@Djokison for the fast reply :-)

First: Is the a more actual thread ? I looked for that...

Seatguru says there are 4 Versions of 757. And the version with 16 premium seats is the international version. Is it right, that these fly also sometimes domestic ?
EF Shows me also 16 seats:-)

Yeah, most of the time, it's not worth it to bother with seatguru. They're terrible at updating. Of the 4 versions of 757 shown on seatguru, only 1 of them is still current (the 16 seat one).

And yes, the 16 seat version is the international version. It's used extensively on domestic hops, as well.

These are the current threads for the 2 versions in the AA fleet:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ter-thd-2.html

Changes to Hawaii service since merger, late 2014 on (consolidated)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1895851-lus-757-200-used-hawaii-service-2017-seats-etc.html

Last edited by Djokison; Mar 2, 2018 at 8:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.