Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Non-refundable multiple tickets questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: Premier Silver

Hey all,

Met a girl, hit it off, bought tickets from PHX to HNL in March (about a month away). Things have been rocky and looks like it's over.

Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable. American is offering to cancel the tickets and each passenger would get a voucher for fare minus $200.

How do the vouchers work, could I apply those towards my own ticket or what?

Or would the vouchers only be able to be used by the original ticketed names (m, her, and her 2 kids)

Thanks

Brian
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

after the $200 penalty , the rest can be used by the same passenger . You could apply the credit to your ticket towards yourself ; the others would still be for the other passengers
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you paid for her tickets, think of them as a parting gift.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
"Bye honey, I have a fabulous parting gift for you - an AA voucher that you'll never be able to use."

Sorry for your loss.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Hmm, why do you want to cancel your ticket? Might as well go there and have a personal vacation to recuperate after the breakup. Just because you are solo does not mean you can not enjoy it. Who knows, maybe you'll meet another person along the way.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
"SWM seeks SWF, preferably named XXX and born on MM/DD/YY, for a once-in-a-lifetime first date!"
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rjw242
"SWM seeks SWF, preferably named XXX and born on MM/DD/YY, for a once-in-a-lifetime first date!"
There's a story on the web somewhere about someone who did exactly that in this situation, but stressed it wasn't a date.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: Premier Silver
Originally Posted by arollins
Hmm, why do you want to cancel your ticket? Might as well go there and have a personal vacation to recuperate after the breakup. Just because you are solo does not mean you can not enjoy it. Who knows, maybe you'll meet another person along the way.

Mostly because I didn't want to dwell on the circumstances and then have those feelings associated with Hawaii.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
The other thing to consider is that you must fly within 1 year of the date you ticketed your HNL trip.

May or may not be a big deal.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:20 am
tyr

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
There's a story on the web somewhere about someone who did exactly that in this situation, but stressed it wasn't a date.
Yup. The guy's name was Jordan Axani.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by brian51974
Mostly because I didn't want to dwell on the circumstances and then have those feelings associated with Hawaii.
If you cancel her & +2 tickets you won't have to worry about a FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL moment. Enjoy some water sports, adult libations, sightseeing, culture. You obviously took the time off for the vacation, not sure how your schedule might be in 13 months from now. Don't let this put you down, time to re-charge and heal.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
after the $200 penalty , the rest can be used by the same passenger . You could apply the credit to your ticket towards yourself ; the others would still be for the other passengers
If they actually give OP a voucher, they can be applied for travel to third parties. So even though it would be in the girl's name, OP could use it for travel for whoever.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by brian51974
Hey all,

Met a girl, hit it off, bought tickets from PHX to HNL in March (about a month away). Things have been rocky and looks like it's over.

Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable. American is offering to cancel the tickets and each passenger would get a voucher for fare minus $200.

How do the vouchers work, could I apply those towards my own ticket or what?

Or would the vouchers only be able to be used by the original ticketed names (m, her, and her 2 kids)

Thanks

Brian
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.