Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Explain duration of elite status for 2016 and beyond please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum

Perhaps I am a bit dunce, but my searching has not revealed an answer to this, and AA's own site has a bit of a circumspect answer as well.

My scenario is:

I was Gold for 2015. Did not requalify for 2016, did not use buy back offer.

If I earn Gold again during 2016 by hitting 30 segs or 25k EQMs, when does this new status expire?

It is not clear to me whether it expires at the end of Jan 2017 or Jan 2018.

Does it matter what part of the year you requalify in?

thanx
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Jan. 2018. It doesn't matter when in the calendar year you earn status; it always goes from the time you earn it, through the next calendar year, and (now) until January 31 the subsequent year.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by rjw242
Jan. 2018. It doesn't matter when in the calendar year you earn status; it always goes from the time you earn it, through the next calendar year, and (now) until January 31 the subsequent year.
thank you - AA just says "through the end of the following year" but it is not clear which year that really is (the current year or the next one).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.