Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

will AA combine two tickets to check the luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will AA combine two tickets to check the luggage?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, United
Originally Posted by wrp96
I think the problem is your terminology. No, they won't combine the tickets (it isn't possible).

But when you go to check in your bags, you show the agent both your itineraries and they will check the bags through to your final destination. It's not something that can be done ahead of time.
Is this still valid?
Old May 20, 2019, 10:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Gilligan44
Is this still valid?
This thread is over 3 years old.
Please reference this thread, where the thread you created this morning will be merged:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2016-a.html
Old May 20, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"amtrak is a great idea, but is difficult for us (a mother/daughter) to carry the luggage. but I will keep it in mind in case I can't find a better schedule.... airline reward ticket is "free"..."

Amtrak offers several trains a day with baggage cars, so you could just check your luggage -- free of charge -- at Richmond, and pick it up upon arrival at Newark Penn Station or New York Penn Station. (Amtrak does not offer checked-baggage service at EWR Rail Station.) Even if you were to travel on one of the Amtrak trains without a baggage car, you could check your baggage in at Richmond the day before your trip, and it would be transported on one of the long-distance trains with a baggage car.

Do you have elite status with AA, BA, or any other oneworld carrier? Or do you hold an AA credit card that offers a free checked bag on domestic AA flights? If not, you will have to pay to check bags on your flights. How many bags do you need to check?
The Amtrak idea is new to me, I could use it later in the year! Thanks for sharing!

Please note: the information in this thread is obsolete and incorrect as of September 2016. oneworld dropped the requirement oneworld airlines through check baggage with other oneworld airlines, and AA, BA, IB, QF (possibly others) will no longer through-check baggage on separate ticketing or separate PNRs even on the same airline.

See here for the current thread.

Last edited by JDiver; May 20, 2019 at 2:12 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.