Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upfaring from Choice to Choice Essentials?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles

I purchased an one way Choice fare for $340 a few weeks ago. Today, I'm seeing a Choice Essential fare for $342. I called to ask if I could upfare, because I thought upfaring was possible, without a difference in fare. The PHX-based call center rep said after consulting her help desk, that it wouldn't be possible without a full reissue and penalty.

Is this true? I thought upfaring was possible by only paying the difference in fare.

Thanks!

Last edited by MrAndy1369; Dec 21, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I purchased an one way Choice fare for $340 a few weeks ago. Today, I'm seeing a Choice Essential fare for $342. I called to ask if I could upfare, because I thought upfaring was possible, without a difference in fare. The PHX-based call center rep said after consulting her help desk, that it wouldn't be possible without a full reissue and penalty.

Is this true? I thought upfaring was possible by only paying the difference in fare.
Nope. Only if going to a higher cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.