Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barbados to Chicago Day of Travel Hell

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
I would have left

When I heard the FA tell the other passengers to leave...I've done that, explore to see what's better.

Also, tweet American while on the plane as well as see what connections you can make from the plane if you do get stuck with a delay.

It's all about being an informed consumer.

We had a three hour delay into Dus which made us miss our connection thereby missing our train. Found an AA manager and made everything perfect because we knew our options.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by diver858
Let me guess - you decided to fly AA instead of UA because:

1. Cheap fare
2. UA does not give air miles on discounted fares
3. Your AA credit card bennies include free baggage

After whining about a 2 hour delay, mediocre economy service, in an attempt to receive some extra miles, you will book your next trip on the lowest cost carrier, complain about mediocre service.

Sound about right?
NO! I routinely ignore SW and other discount airlines in favour of the legacy carriers. Go fish.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I used to fly on AA to the Caribbean monthly. This is not only very typical of AA, it's very typical of Caribbean out-stations as well. Customer service, urgency, and communication are not strong components of the AA product in general, but when you're dealing with a ground staff running on "island time" it really makes things twice as bad.

The other issue is that when equipment goes tech at these out-stations, it can be a loooooong time before it starts working again (if it ever does). Anyone remember the A300s towards the end of their service at AA? Those things would go tech 60% of the time or more. In the last 5 years I knew an A300 meant book an extra hotel night.

OP, welcome to AA. They'll throw a few miles your way and continue on with these same practices which have been in place for 30 years. Nothing anyone can do about it.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
tl;dr

Our flight was late due to a mechanical issue. We blame it on those "lazy tropicals." How much can we get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.