Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Do 4MM Milers Have Magic Seat-Grabbing Powers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do 4MM Milers Have Magic Seat-Grabbing Powers?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
I doubt a FAM would have 4A which is window seat.
Ehh?

Is there something that prevents a FAM from sitting in the window? 4A on the E175 is on the one seat side so it'a both an aisle and a window.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Is there something that prevents a FAM from sitting in the window? 4A on the E175 is on the one seat side so it'a both an aisle and a window.
The usual understanding is that an FAM would need aisle access in order to most quickly intervene in any situation that might arise. Whoever wrote that initial post probably forgot that the E175 was a single seat on the left.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM
Details on Mr. 4A

He was mid-to-late 50's, nicely dressed--I would say that he looked like a CEO-type (couldn't get a good look at his watch to confirm ). He said that he had homes/businesses in San Antonio and Pasadena. He didn't really have the look of a FAM to me, but what the heck would I know.

As far as the aisle thing goes, there was obviously a seat available directly across the aisle (the seat that I ended up getting), but if FAMs do (as one poster said) tend to sit on the left side aisle (easier right-handed draw, if necessary?), then I suppose that would make sense.

Makes just as much sense to me that he's just a regular guy and talked the GA into swapping seats with me. This was LAX, though, so not exactly like sweet-talking a GA in Omaha whom you see every week.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
OP, how old was this guy? From your statement "and believe me--he was a gentleman", for some reason I am picturing someone who looks like Colonel Sanders or Boss Hogg - not your standard FAM. Given the routing LAX-SAT, was this just some Texas good ol' boy who knew a GA or two from many years of "doin bidness"?
LOL funniest post I've read here on FT. That or all the beer I just drank before my IAD-DFW flight makes me thinks it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.