Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Change Passenger on Held Award Reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Can you change one passenger on an award reservation for 2 passengers that is still on a 5 day hold? I am not certain that the award can be rebooked if cancelled due to tough availability in general - it includes QF premium cabin. Or is the only way to cancel the one passenger from the reservation and hope to be able to rebook the other passenger?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by dldkjones
Can you change one passenger on an award reservation for 2 passengers that is still on a 5 day hold? I am not certain that the award can be rebooked if cancelled due to tough availability in general - it includes QF premium cabin. Or is the only way to cancel the one passenger from the reservation and hope to be able to rebook the other passenger?
Can't change passenger name with partner segments. Qantas often goes back into inventory immediately, but with this situation it is hit or miss (known through experience).
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
What are you trying to change??.

You can ABSOLUTELY cancel or change one pax without impacting the other...but must be done by agent...not a diy online
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:00 am

Are you absolutely sure when it comes to award travel? This would be news to me and many others

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat

You can ABSOLUTELY cancel or change one pax without impacting the other...but must be done by agent...not a diy online
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Centurion
Are you absolutely sure when it comes to award travel? This would be news to me and many others
Absolutely sure about what? You have the luxury of canceling whatever you want at anytime. The fee to do so may vary of course.

Of course you can cancel one person's award ticket if originally you booked for two people.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Centurion
If two people have award tickets, I can't imagine a reason for why one could not be canceled. If you know of reasons, please share them; I'm sure they'd be good to know about.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
It sounds like OP wants to change the name of a pax on a reservation on hold. I would think since they don't allow name changes once ticketed, they don't have the means to change the name even if on hold. Now a good agent may be able to cancel an existing rez and create a new one preserving inventory. But since OP is talking about a partner booking, that might be more of a trick. Since it's on hold, it may be all within AA's control at this time. Regardless, a call will be required. I'd suggest explaining the desire fully to the agent first BEFORE asking for any changes be made.

Last edited by RogerD408; Oct 25, 2015 at 8:12 am
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:26 am
Suspended

Question

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat

Are you stating-- as it seems to have understandably caused considerable confusion-- that one can change the name of a passenger on a held award itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.