Wiki Posts
Search

AA policy on missing legal connection??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Do you have to be back by a certain time on Sun? I believe there is a midday flight from GRU (both TAM and AA), so even if you do miss the connection Sat morning and have to take the redeye to GRU, you could still make it back to CHI by Sun night.
Yes, true. I considered this as well. Just would have preferred earlier arrival to MIA on return. Although return on midday flight isnt that bad either.... as logn as it gets me to CHI on SUN night.

If I miss, I am quite okay with rebooking for another weekend (and free return home).

Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Why would you say youre on a MR? Ive had many trips of a few hours to deliver my kids or drop of work stuff or an hour meeting. Ive actually had more <4 hour layovers for legit reasons than MRs.
Quite true. I have done several tanscons for legit 4hr stays.

What is a TIV refund?

Btw - I am in Sao Paulo right now and was talking to a friend who said quite a few people from Chicago make this connection. They are even coded as same flight number on ORD-MIA-GRU. Not sure if that makes any difference.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
What is a TIV refund? ...
Full refund of fare due to "Trip In Vain" ...

i.e. you've ever been so delayed that you missed the whole reason for taking the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.