Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight amenities, overnight flight HNL to DFW in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight amenities, overnight flight HNL to DFW in Y

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Flight amenities (blankets) overnight flight HNL to DFW in Y

At one point AA removed all pillows and blankets from coach but I seem to remember reading that they started offering them on the overnight Hawaii flights back to the mainland. Sorry I searched and can't find the answer.

Does anyone know if they have pillows and blankets on this flight (either for free or purchase)?

Mahalo!

Last edited by TxTrav; Oct 22, 2015 at 7:09 am
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:13 am

Last flew this in June and my recollection was they had blankets at every seat, but no pillows.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
BYO inflatable pillow / neck rest of choice, your own sleep mask and ear plugs. 'Cause the Menehune ain't bringin' dem.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Don't they still sell the, "sleep sack?"
I know US sold these on overnight flights. It included a blanket, pillow, sleep shades, and ear plugs (might be forgetting something else).
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Have the eye mask, ear plugs at the ready but was hoping to not have to pack blankets. I need that space for more important stuff! Be happy to buy them on board but I think they discontinued that. At least we're in MCE in the mini cabin so shouldn't be too noisy to sleep.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I don't see it listed on the, "Service Charges," page, so I'm assuming the sleep sack is no more

https://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/aaco...es_charges.jsp

When it was offered by US, it was on a similar page down near the beverages/entertainment (which are in the lower 3/4 of the page)
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by TxTrav
Have the eye mask, ear plugs at the ready but was hoping to not have to pack blankets. I need that space for more important stuff! Be happy to buy them on board but I think they discontinued that. At least we're in MCE in the mini cabin so shouldn't be too noisy to sleep.
I think they'll have a free blanket for you to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.