Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and DL / Delta abandon interline agreement 15 Sep '15 (restored 1/18)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and DL / Delta abandon interline agreement 15 Sep '15 (restored 1/18)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by unhappyflyer
Wonderful response from AA asking about the termination of the interline agreement. Not even a HINT of the actual issue.

Thank you for providing your thoughts. We continually evaluate such opportunities against others, and we have documented your concerns.

We know customers traveling on American value the premium products and services they have become accustomed to. We want to assure you that we plan to create a premier global carrier with an expanded network to even better match where you want to fly and with greater ability to invest in our fleet, modern technologies and the products and services you value most.

As for the ticket refund concerns, if your ticket is nonrefundable, we must follow our ticket policies.

Thank you again for contacting us, Mr. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to welcoming you aboard the new American soon.

Sincerely,
Do.. W...
Customer Relations
Email customer service doesn't actually go to a real person. It's responded to by a computer with a canned response based on whatever complaint title you provided in the drop down menu. The computer signs a random name at the end.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:22 pm

Got hit by this tonight

DCA-GSP cancelled tonight; Delta has some availability tomorrow (at $800+ one way), AA has none and United's booked as well, so I'm going to miss the main event at my house (Christmas Eve Dinner) in addition to the family's belated birthday party for me that scotched by tonight's weather.

One of these days ATL will get snow on December 22nd and 23rd and the Widget people will regret it.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
WN from BWI?
AA from PHL?
UA from EWR?

UA has $420 tomorrow midmorning ex EWR if it's valuable to you.
WN is $226 on their nonstop from BWI but that doesn't get in until 19:05.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by GSP flyer
DCA-GSP cancelled tonight; Delta has some availability tomorrow (at $800+ one way), AA has none and United's booked as well, so I'm going to miss the main event at my house (Christmas Eve Dinner) in addition to the family's belated birthday party for me that scotched by tonight's weather.

One of these days ATL will get snow on December 22nd and 23rd and the Widget people will regret it.
Good luck with that. AA screwed this interline agreement up. Your anger should be pointed directly to AA management. DL will gladly take your money and get you to GSP if those events were important. The Widget people would reroute you though another hub if something happened in ATL. You are pointing your anger at the wrong airline.

Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by kettle1
Good luck with that. AA screwed this interline agreement up. Your anger should be pointed directly to AA management. DL will gladly take your money and get you to GSP if those events were important. The Widget people would reroute you though another hub if something happened in ATL. You are pointing your anger at the wrong airline.

Merry Christmas.
For the record, I now have confirmed seats DCA-PIT-CLT-GSP, so I should be making it home for Christmas Eve dinner at least.

I just think the whole thing smacks of pettiness all around. The entire industry has decided that running at 80-90% load factors at most times of year is how things are going to run, and at the holidays it's much above that. Taking away what little give in the entire system just makes thing that much worse.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread is now closed, as AA and DL have restored interline / OSO / IROPS agreements. Please see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...an-2018-a.html.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.