Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Alcohol service hours policy: Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MathMusic
Alcoholic Beverage Service Hours
in Admirals Clubs

Code:
AIRPORT Open Sunday Sun Note
 ATL 6:00 AM 12:00 PM
 AUS 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 BNA 8:00 AM 12:00 PM
 BOS 8:00 AM 11:00 AM
 BUF 8:00 AM 10:00 AM
 CLT 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 DCA 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 DEN 7:00 AM 7:00 AM
 DFW 7:00 AM 12:00 PM Comp Bev Before Noon
 EWR whenever club is open
 GSO 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 HNL 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 JFK 8:00 AM 10:00 AM
 LAX 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 LGA 8:00 AM 12:00 PM
 MIA 7:00 AM 7:00 AM
 ORD whenever club is open
 PHL 7:00 AM 11:00 AM
 PHX 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 RDU 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
 SAN 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 SFO 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 SJU whenever club is open
 SNA 6:00 AM 6:00 AM
 STL 6:00 AM 9:00 AM
 TPA 7:00 AM 7:00 AM

Originally provided by jbsay on 21 Aug 2015
Print Wikipost

Alcohol service hours policy: Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:02 am

Possibly local law?
I'm sure you can find an open liquor store in Queens if you need a drink that bad.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by JumboJet
Possibly local law?
I'm sure you can find an open liquor store in Queens if you need a drink that bad.
I think it is very possible a local thing. But I bet they are cost cutting. The champagne has just went from Bollinger to Taittinger, small change but cheaper. No alcohol from 4:30am - 8am ? Definitely saving them money.

But very new —and upsetting - because I love (both) of those champagnes!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This is not new.....Delta SkyClub is the same....it’s stupid old NY laws from a long time ago just like you can’t have a drink at brunch on a Sunday until noon or later in Manhattan

unrelated but I was just in Park City, Utah and you want to talk about weird rules.....Jesus!

Last edited by AANYC1981; Feb 24, 2018 at 4:22 am
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:15 am

Well I don't think they are going to be saving that much because most people do not start drinking heavily at those hours but sure a couple of bucks. Can't speak about the downgrade, probably wouldn't make that much of a difference to me.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

I think it is very possible a local thing. But I bet they are cost cutting. The champagne has just went from Bollinger to Taittinger, small change but cheaper. No alcohol from 4:30am - 8am ? Definitely saving them money.

But very new —and upsetting - because I love (both) of those champagnes!
Definitely a local liquor laws thing. The B6 terminal at JFK (T5) also has signs up that say that alcohol can't be sold before 8 am (I can't remember if it was a day of the week thing or not). Don't blame AA too hard here.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
I believe you wait until 9:00am at EWR, judging from my last few visits to the United Club.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I think it is very possible a local thing. But I bet they are cost cutting.
It is local law, cannot serve alcohol between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m.

I am no way AApologist, but other post accusing food poison and improper food hygien at Flagship Lounge. Now accusing cost cutting at Flagship Lounge. Let's get proper facts and evidence before we make such accusation.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:37 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
More importantly ...what is this vodka creation?
pmblinn likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:46 am

Definitely OT, but...

I was in CLT one morning after a very boozy night out with colleagues. At 6:15 there was a bar open and serving breakfast. I thought salvation was at hand. I ordered a beer (a purely defensive maneuver, I can assure you) and was told "I'm sorry sir, but local laws state we cannot serve alcohol before 6:30 am."

So there I sat for a lonnnnng 15 minutes pondering the difference between 6:15 and 6:30.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:58 am

Well this discussion has me throwing on clothes to take the mrs out for breakfast and bloodies.
controller1, AANYC1981 and pmblinn like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
In Texas (not Applicable to JFK, but a data point) Restaurants:

MON-SAT NO beer/wine/alcohol sales before 7AM
SUN NO beer/ wine/alcohol sales before Noon* *=OK after 10am with food
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
5. No alcoholic beverages shall be sold, offered for sale or given away upon any premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages at retail for on-premises consumption, during the following hours:

(a) Sunday, from four ante meridiem to ten o'clock a.m., except pursuant to a permit issued under section ninety-nine-h of this chapter.

(b) On any other day between four ante meridiem and eight ante meridiem.

Unless otherwise approved by the authority pursuant to subdivision eleven of section seventeen of this chapter, where any rule has been adopted in a county on or before April first, nineteen hundred ninety-five, further restricting the hours of sale for alcoholic beverages, such restricted hours shall be the hours, during which the sale of alcoholic beverages at retail for on-premises consumption shall not be permitted within such county.

Nor shall any person be permitted to consume any alcoholic beverages upon any such premises later than one-half hour after the start of the prohibited hours of sale provided for in this section.

New York Consolidated Laws, Alcoholic Beverage Control Law - ABC § 106 | FindLaw
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Blue laws (alcohol restrictions) date back to the Prohibition era and basically were originally designed by "defenders of morality" of that time (with the support of organizations such as the Woman's Christian Temperance Union) to encourage people to go to church and spend time with their family, rather than altering their mental state, on Sunday mornings.

Many states continue to have these laws, in some cases because of local culture, in some cases because the state legislature just has not gotten around to changing the laws, and in some cases because state officials believe the laws help to reduce alcohol-related incidents late at night. To this day, some states also cut off liquor sales on weeknights at specific times for off-premise consumption, like ABC/liquor stores, even if alcohol continues to be available at restaurants and bars for on-site consumption.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I am no way AApologist, but other post accusing food poison and improper food hygien at Flagship Lounge. Now accusing cost cutting at Flagship Lounge. Let's get proper facts and evidence before we make such accusation.
J’accuse! It’s really obvious (sad) that this FL is so low end. The FL dining room is an even bigger joke! AA wasted a lot of money paying someone to design and plan. So there’s a local liquor law for early AM then offer some really nice coffee selections like cold brew or various latte (easy to do and AA already offers different cold brew espresso in some of the other FL and regular AC). Not so at JFK just that same la Columbe is every nice machine... so low end!

Last edited by BOStonTravels; Feb 24, 2018 at 2:01 pm
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jcatman
I believe you wait until 9:00am at EWR, judging from my last few visits to the United Club.
A little bit of trivia from my CO days is that EWR clubs serve alcohol at different times based on which terminal it is, because Terminal A and Terminal C are in different counties! FT discussion

Found this old thread about AC alcohol hours too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.