Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can/will agents at the Admirals Club do ticketing? (for a reservation on hold)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards

I have a paper voucher from a cancelled flight that I want to use to purchase a reservation I have on hold. I'll be at ORD tomorrow and was thinking of bringing it into the AAdmirals Club for ticketing. Can/will they do that there--or is there somewhere else I'll need to go to get that done?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I have a paper voucher from a cancelled flight that I want to use to purchase a reservation I have on hold. I'll be at ORD tomorrow and was thinking of bringing it into the AAdmirals Club for ticketing. Can/will they do that there--or is there somewhere else I'll need to go to get that done?
Yes, they all can. The real question is will they? I used to collect a LOT of vouchers from AA. Instead of doing the mail and wait routine, I decided to do the transactions at the airport. At one point I had asked 11 different agents about applying a voucher. Only three were even willing to try, and of those three NONE knew how to do them correctly (tax-free DV cert). Most just flatly said they didn't know how to do them and to go see someone else. When I called AA about the issue I was told all the instructions were on the terminals and any agent would be able to process the voucher but suggested not going to a GA as they have more time crunches.

I did find one AAngel (at ORD AC as a matter of fact) that was willing to tackle the request. While the normal process was quick, it did take them a while and a few phone calls to figure out how to back off the taxes. She was so pleasant to work with that I held future vouchers until my next trip through ORD and at times deliberately scheduling a LONG connection just to ask her to process them. She's since left to have a family (or so I was told) any my travel has dropped off.

My advice is to pick a time when activity is light and have plenty of time to let them work through any issues they hit. Also, review what they do closely and if you have a DV cert be sure taxes are zeroed out. Bottom line patience, lots of patience.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:38 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I (too) had a voucher which I wanted to apply to an itn on hold. At JFK T8, none of the agents could handle it. I was connecting in LAX, and ONLY ONE agent would even try...but I did get ticketed!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
They have the technology, but the current practice is to provide really limited training to airport agents. As those who know how retire, finding agents who do will be harder and harder.

The training also seems to push the, "call the 800#" route for anything which can't easily be done on the spot.

The real solution lies in ditching the paper. It's got to be a nuisance to AA as well.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Often1
The real solution lies in ditching the paper. It's got to be a nuisance to AA as well.
I wonder how much has been left behind because the customer can't find someone to do it.

Maybe they should have to turn that over to the state like bank accounts. THEN I think they will find time to train people!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Said No !

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
Ticketing agent at the Flagship lounge at LAX clearly told me that she can
only assist me with Same day travel. Any future travel questions, changes
should be done at the ticketing desk (outside security) or EXP desk via
phone. She was not busy and I was polite :-)

F.A.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:37 pm

given what an ordeal it is to find someone who can do this, and having to wait to be sure it's proper timing, and waiting till you're at the right airport with all these things matched up, I can't figure out why (except for super close-in travel) anyone would ever bother going thru this?

Just scan them in case of loss and drop them in the mail at the address AA says to send them and let them fool with them in Florida or wherever the processing center is these days. That's what I always do.

I could understand if you plan to apply them to a trip say in 10 days or whatever, but as much as we all travel, they could just as easily be used on a trip farther in the future vs a close-in one, and save everyone all the hassle.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyalways
Ticketing agent at the Flagship lounge at LAX clearly told me that she can
only assist me with Same day travel. Any future travel questions, changes
should be done at the ticketing desk (outside security) or EXP desk via
phone. She was not busy and I was polite :-)

F.A.
You might want to direct your request to AA's AC management. I find many AAgents (not many AAngels in the AC) will make up rules to send me away. But then this is also in line with some of the cutbacks at AA in general.

I'm presuming she was actually one of the AC AAngels before entering the FL.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I always take mine to the ticket counter here in OKC instead of mailing in. Never an issue and I'm usually out in 10 minutes. The key is to go right after a flight departed, where they have some free time before the next wave comes in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.