Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seeking BA World Traveller+ (AA issued ticket)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking BA World Traveller+ (AA issued ticket)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the info! I am on a Y class fare, but am thinking I may need to keep my fingers crossed and ask at check in. There are 2 tickets, so I am sure that may very well present even more of a problem.

I am grateful for the tip about asking for it to be carried over to the gate, as I would not have known to ask that. I will just hope for really great things for all the World Traveller + folks to get upgraded to Business on that flight, if only for my benefit. :-)

Thank you again!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Your guest is clearly arriving on Ryanair flight FR2282 from Warsaw Modlin to London Stansted.

http://www.stanstedairport.com/flight-information/
In addition, this question had absolutely nothing to do with codeshares. This forum is about miles and points related questions. In the future, if you have a general question about traveling that using google and checking the airport's website does not help, read this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...tion-desk.html
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DrSeuss
I am on a Y class fare
Are you sure about that? Y is a full-fare, typically fully refundable and endorsable. You could return your fully flexible ticket and buy a discounted WT+ ticket, which is usually cheaper than a full Y fare.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by DrSeuss
Thank you all for the info! I am on a Y class fare, but am thinking I may need to keep my fingers crossed and ask at check in. There are 2 tickets, so I am sure that may very well present even more of a problem.

I am grateful for the tip about asking for it to be carried over to the gate, as I would not have known to ask that. I will just hope for really great things for all the World Traveller + folks to get upgraded to Business on that flight, if only for my benefit. :-)

Thank you again!
I'm betting you are in the Y cabin, but not on a Y fare, sensu stricto.

AA Y class cabin fares include:
Full fare: Y and B
Discount Economy H, K, M, L, W, V
(deep) Discount Economy G, Q, N, O, S

Which do you have? If anything other than the first two full fares, it can not be upgraded unless counter upgrades are being sold at the airport.

Discount
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by JDiver
Which do you have? If anything other than the first two full fares, it can not be upgraded unless counter upgrades are being sold at the airport.
.. cannot be upgraded with AAdvantage intruments (miles), which isn't what OP is after.....
OP is asking to upgrade a WT ticket to WT+ using cash. This is absolutely possible on any fare class (by paying the fare difference, plus maybe a change fee).
However, because OP has an AA ticket and the flight is booked as codeshared AA flight where such an upgrade would be booked into full-fare W, the cost for this is prohibitive.

This is what an upgrade through MMB for an IAD-LHR return would cost:

I think chances are good for airport upgrade availability - I checked fares around July 20, and the fact that the cheapest WT+ fare buckets is still available for sale (at a cost only 20% above economy!) leads me to believe the cabin isn't sold out at all.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk DrSeuss.

As this is an AAcentric question (AA ticket stock) we'll move your thread to the AA forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bhomburg
AA only markets the full-fare "W" fare bucket on all BA flights - this has been bemourned on this board for ages now...you would need to buy a BA-issued ticket for access to discount WT+ fares.
This is no longer true. AA offers only W class for Premium Economy, but W class on BA matches across to fares of the differing BA levels.

Checking on LHR-ORD r/t BA has T fares at GBP1105 ( THX2S4C1 and THX3UKJB ) whilst AA has W fares at GBP1105 ( WHX2S4C1 and WHX3UKJB ) . At the full fare level both AA and BA have W fares at GBP2370 with fare basis W1UKJB and W1JB at GBP3318 ( all plus taxes and fuel fines )
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
This is no longer true. AA offers only W class for Premium Economy, but W class on BA matches across to fares of the differing BA levels.

Checking on LHR-ORD r/t BA has T fares at GBP1105 ( THX2S4C1 and THX3UKJB ) whilst AA has W fares at GBP1105 ( WHX2S4C1 and WHX3UKJB ) . At the full fare level both AA and BA have W fares at GBP2370 with fare basis W1UKJB and W1JB at GBP3318 ( all plus taxes and fuel fines )
That's good to know this is finally available! Took them forever, though.
Do you know when they started to market the discounted fares? When I last looked in Feb., only 'true' W was available on aa.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.