Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

consistently horrible coffee at Admirals Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

consistently horrible coffee at Admirals Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The real disappointment is how they quietly dumped Java City for FreshPoo when they merged catering with US. Huge difference.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
The real disappointment is how they quietly dumped Java City for FreshPoo when they merged catering with US. Huge difference.
Yeah, the onboard coffee went from terrible to somehow even worse.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
I agree with offering decent packs of instant coffee (like hotels in Europe do). They are actually quite tasty and super convenient.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat AA EXP 2.5MM
Makes sense to me, they are just trying to prep you for the awful coffee onboard
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
The brewed coffee in the carafes is potable, the nescafe machine is really bad. I think we should try and complain because there might actually be a possibility of getting a change, AA has been tweaking the food offerings in the AC, and a better coffee product should be on the table. I think UA is in the process of rolling out a new coffee program in their clubs.

The worst was when I found this same terrible machine in the LAX FL! There needs to at least be a Nespresso machine in there!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
The brewed coffee in the carafes is potable, the nescafe machine is really bad. I think we should try and complain because there might actually be a possibility of getting a change, AA has been tweaking the food offerings in the AC, and a better coffee product should be on the table. I think UA is in the process of rolling out a new coffee program in their clubs.

The worst was when I found this same terrible machine in the LAX FL! There needs to at least be a Nespresso machine in there!
I thought the carafes were a little better, too, (less bad, actually) until I found one that tasted like it was the same chemical from the machines.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:23 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It's better than the Folgers they had in there before.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:29 pm

I find the coffee at SJU AC to be the best -- it's local Puerto Rican coffee renowned for its rich taste and smoothness.

The Nespresso machines make decent coffee -- all depends on what's loaded in it. The Miami AC nespresso machine puts out pretty decent cups.

The absolute worst cup for me was at the PHX rebranded AC. Some sort of machine that requires a powder cartridge to add "cream or milk" to the cup. YUCK.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by ValleyEarl
I find the coffee at SJU AC to be the best -- it's local Puerto Rican coffee renowned for its rich taste and smoothness.

The Nespresso machines make decent coffee -- all depends on what's loaded in it. The Miami AC nespresso machine puts out pretty decent cups.

The absolute worst cup for me was at the PHX rebranded AC. Some sort of machine that requires a powder cartridge to add "cream or milk" to the cup. YUCK.
In the air I wish they adopted US Airways coffee. While not great, it was drinkable. AA's is like drinking poison. Really bad. I now only drink water on early morning flights and get my wake coffee at the terminal when get to PHL or CLT.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
It is really bad, like the coffee on the police comedy Barney Miller. I drink a cup in the morning to get going but that's about it. The stuff in the air isn't actually all that bad.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I tend to use the fancy new machines for lattes. Sure, they're 95% foam and 5% coffee, but at least they're drinkable.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by abeflyer
In the air I wish they adopted US Airways coffee. While not great, it was drinkable. AA's is like drinking poison. Really bad. I now only drink water on early morning flights and get my wake coffee at the terminal when get to PHL or CLT.
Umm, that's exactly what they did. Prior to the merger announcement, US was serving that truly horrible brown water Kova "FreshBrew" on all flights. Now, all of AA is serving that awful crap in the air. I refuse to drink it.

Agreed that the Nescafe machines have always been pretty bad. Some may find solace in the fact that the CLT AC in B terminal still has the Flavia machines in which you can individually brew Alterra coffee. I'd say it's by far the best coffee in the airport.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
The coffee from the machine in the Austin AC is undrinkable.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:00 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had 3 cups of Admirals club coffee today. The first was from a press pot in EWR which was okay. The second they were refilling the press pot, so I risked it with the automated machine that cup was undrinkable. My third cup came out of a decanter in ORD and that cup was by far the worst of the day. Pretty interesting to have 3 different cups and 3 different experiences.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:44 pm

US had and still does at least at some of their clubs dispensers with Royal Cup coffee, which IMHO is good coffee, not amazing but better than the machines and far better than the other options.

Nesscafe, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.