Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'll be traveling HND-LAX in AA J in December, then connecting to PSP on a United flight after a 5.5h layover. Will I be able to use the oneworld business lounge (or Qantas F as I will have qualified for EXP on that flight) during my layover? Or will I be turned away because my domestic flight is on United?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by potus18
I'll be traveling HND-LAX in AA J in December, then connecting to PSP on a United flight after a 5.5h layover. Will I be able to use the oneworld business lounge (or Qantas F as I will have qualified for EXP on that flight) during my layover? Or will I be turned away because my domestic flight is on United?
Right at the top of the wiki:

Qantas First Lounge

Must be traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated flight ("qualifying flight")
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge (business lounge operated by Qantas)

Note this is a oneworld lounge, not a Qantas Club. It is not part of any reciprocity agreement with Admirals Club.

Must be traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated flight ("qualifying flight")
If you had your onward flight on American, it would be fine. United not so much.

FWIW, expecting EXP status to credit IMMEDIATELY upon landing from an HND-LAX flight is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
flying LAX to NRT tomorrow out of gate 41 @ 1130am in J... arrive from PHX at 920am, will I have time to go to TBIT one world business lounge? (assume FL isn't open yet)
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by kar don
flying LAX to NRT tomorrow out of gate 41 @ 1130am in J... arrive from PHX at 920am, will I have time to go to TBIT one world business lounge? (assume FL isn't open yet)
That's plenty of time for some food and refreshments at OW J, even accounting for the walk time.
kar don likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Gate 41 is the ideal gate for TBIT access as well. I think it's closer to TBIT than it is to the end of terminal 4 (e.g. gate 47B)
kar don likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ralphs
Gate 41 is the ideal gate for TBIT access as well. I think it's closer to TBIT than it is to the end of terminal 4 (e.g. gate 47B)

Thank you! Will it just be breakfast at that point or does lunch start by then?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
They were still serving breakfast food at OW lounge at 10 AM last time I was there at that time.
kar don likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I was expecting LAX-MIA first to be dropped from the Qantas list of premium transcons since there are no longer 3 class planes flying the route. Flagship Lounge access rules for AA elites no longer list it as a premium route ( a recent change, although I think this is a status based rule and not class rule).

Any experience recently on Qantas J lounge entry flying that route?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The oneworld "Class of Service" rules still list MIA as an exception the the exception:
... customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
The oneworld "Class of Service" rules still list MIA as an exception the the exception:
I know. It never made a three class plane distinction. so I'm wondering whether being in F get's me in the Qantas First Lounge or Qantas Business Lounge (when I was in business on the 77W, it was the business lounge).
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
I know. It never made a three class plane distinction. so I'm wondering whether being in F get's me in the Qantas First Lounge or Qantas Business Lounge (when I was in business on the 77W, it was the business lounge).
When flying transcontinental, in F, you have access to the TBIT Qantas First Lounge before your LAX-MIA flight.

When flying transcontinental, in F, you have access to the TBIT Qantas First Lounge at the end of your MIA-LAX flight, provided you have an ongoing Oneworld flight prior to 6am the following day.

Now get in there and start with a glass of that Nicolas Feuillatte Rose Champagne.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being in F, A, Z or P class to MIA would get Qantas First lounge access at TBIT. Being in J, D, C, I or U will get oneworld International Business lounge access at TBIT.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 29, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:24 pm

All first class LAX MIA is J or lower these days.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
All first class LAX MIA is J or lower these days.
Well I guess TBIT First lounge access will be subject to the interpretation of those at the lounge entrance. Certainly TBIT Business lounge would be available and T4 'Flagship' if that is open is definitely an option.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
I wanted to share my Qantas First Lounge experience to determine if I fully understand access requirements.

In May I booked business class on the three class trans on A321Ts. Was connecting JFK to YUL. Upgraded with miles to F. I don't know the original fare class booked. Got right in to Qantas first no questions asked

Earlier this month flew the A321T LAX to JFK ending in JFK. Same scenario as above except booked business with AMEX MPs to get 50% back due to bus plat card and upgraded to F on points again. Attendant at Qantas First lounge said we weren't eligible. I argued that we were and he finally let us in never admitting he was wrong. I thought something might be different due to not having the YUL connection but wasn't sure. The attendant clearly didn't have a lot of knowledge as he claimed there are no domestic 3 class flight with F.

Was I correct in assuming I had access both times? I assume it doesn't matter I paid business then upgraded, in advance to first, correct?

The link to oneworld in the Wiki does not clarify access with this scenario, is there something recent and official that I could show an attendant that clearly states eligibility for these transcons? Doing the LAX to YUL. Through JFK again soon. At least I'll have Flagship Dining and lounge to fall back on if not....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.