Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD, Post Issues & Discussion

Sometimes miles / segments / flights take longer to post in one's aa.com account.
  • AA miles may post before your flight is over
  • Partner airlines and other sources may post miles periodically, even weekly.
  • AA may run batch processes on weekends including other source miles (occasionally, accounts may appear "zeroed out" at those times).
  • Glitches may occur in posting miles.
Requests for missing miles may be entered on the aa.com webform
here
- at least 15 days after flying (requires ticket number)

For more efficient documentation of missing miles:
  • Retain your boarding passes until all miles, etc. have posted.
  • Retain a copy of your e-ticket or receipt (with ticket numbers - ticket numbers do not recycle, PNRs do)
  • Be aware of miles earning rules, particularly for one world pa enter flights operated by non-one world airlines
    See Link for math & miles Help Desk
    See Link for earning AA miles on partner airlines
Print Wikipost

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by poppabear
Flew 3/24 DEN-LAX on Eagle, had to call today to get miles.
3/25 LAX-MIA on AA, miles posted on 3/28
3/25 MIA-DOH-CAI, rtn on 3/28 on QR (QR tkted), miles posted on 3/29
3/28 MIA-DFW-DEN, on AA, not yet posted
Go figure
Was it all on QR ticket stock? I've had that happen even tho the AA segments were AA marketed. Customer service can push it right through with no wait if its AA marketed, but it will most likely not post if you had trouble on the outbound. Another IT glitch.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Miles for AA flights on Fri are not posting

1) On Fri March 24, 2017 I and two of my colleagues took AA flights from East Coast to SFO using different routes (one through DFW and and two through MIA). All tickets were purchased from www.aa.com and none of the miles for those normal paid flights were posted to the accounts. The tickets were separate purchases, one was a roundtrip and two were one-ways. A colleague on a roundtrip ticket already returned home on Monday and received miles but only for the returning portion. Two were EXP with upgrades cleared and one was traveling in Y (no upgrades requested). This did look to me like one time glitch at the time.

2) On afternoon of Fri March 31 I flew MRY-PHX-SAN on AA and those miles did not post either as of noon of Sunday (Eastern time).

I know that the new AA.COM is saying "up to two weeks" for miles/qualifying credits posting but this is getting ridiculous.

I haven't contacted AA yet.

Anyone else is having problems with recent miles postings?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Miles on the 24 should have posted by Monday/Tuesday. The same goes for the 31. If nothing most likely you need to call AA, and as you know, it ways 2 weeks. Could be that maybe the individual FFN was not associated with the PNR.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by arollins
Miles on the 24 should have posted by Monday/Tuesday. The same goes for the 31...
- it used to be next day unless it was a late flight...

Originally Posted by arollins
Could be that maybe the individual FFN was not associated with the PNR.
- no way because for two EXPs traveling upgrades did clear in advance. My boarding passes were also scanned in AAdmirals Clubs in MIA and PHX to gain access as I am a member.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Same here. Flew mem-phx Friday morning and hasn't updated yet. Normally takes one day.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:43 pm

My miles from Fri the 31st just posted about an hour ago. The last segment from Lax to Bos has not posted yet though.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
My American Eagle flight from Friday 3/24 has not posted even though the later mainline flight posted. The return trip on 3/26, which also included mainline and Eagle portions, has posted.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Same issue for me on Friday the 31st return flight...outbound on Monday the 27th posted next morning as usual, however the return on Friday has not posted yet. I called the desk and they said it's the weekend, and should post Monday morning. Will wait and see...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- it used to be next day unless it was a late flight...
"Used to be" are the operative words. It can now take a few extra days.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
24 Mar AA 371 LGA/ORD in I has not posted for me yet, either.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Similar issue for a flight taken on Friday, March 24.

If you attempt to "Request Flight Miles" on the AA website, you will be stopped cold if your day of travel is within the previous 15 days.

So, I wait......
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
Miles from CDG-DFW-SFO didn't post either

My March 29 CDG-DFW-SFO haven't posted either. I assumed it was because I got rerouted from my original CDG-MIA-SFO itin. However, agents at CDG were complaining about a new "computer upgrade".

The miles finally posted late last night.

Last edited by willie--wonka; Apr 3, 2017 at 11:44 am
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Same here - sjc-lax 3/24 hasn't posted, while two more recent flights have posted.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Update- my miles for Friday the 31st credited around 9pm EST last night (Sunday).
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
I have miles from March 18 that haven't posted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.