Wiki Posts
Search

Why the Constant Gate Changes at ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Why the Constant Gate Changes at ORD?

I'm wondering if others have noticed what is becoming a regular kabuki dance of gate changes at ORD, especially on Eagle flights? Seems like since the beginning of the year the gate assignments for Eagle flights change multiple times before departure. On my last several flights (all morning flights) the gates have changes an average of 3 - 4 times per flight.

Aside from the horrible on-time performance of Eagle these days, this is becoming the second most expected thing at ORD.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I'm wondering if others have noticed what is becoming a regular kabuki dance of gate changes at ORD, especially on Eagle flights? Seems like since the beginning of the year the gate assignments for Eagle flights change multiple times before departure. On my last several flights (all morning flights) the gates have changes an average of 3 - 4 times per flight.

Aside from the horrible on-time performance of Eagle these days, this is becoming the second most expected thing at ORD.
Happens at most airports ... DFW too (on mainline for sure). A lot of times they are juggling the early or late arrivals along with available gates for that airplane type trying to minimize the penalty box wait time.

It also doesn't help at ORD that they gave up 2-3 gates when US Airways moved to H Concourse (as a condition of the merger).
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I rarely fly RJs in and out of DFW so I may not notice it as much there. ORD and AA in particular does an unusually large amount of gate swapping, more so than DL and US at their hubs. On the bright side I do get more steps on my fitbit.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I rarely fly RJs in and out of DFW so I may not notice it as much there. ORD and AA in particular does an unusually large amount of gate swapping, more so than DL and US at their hubs. On the bright side I do get more steps on my fitbit.
Dfw sucks for that reason. Stop changing gates so many times....geezz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.