Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Confused about 500 mile / EQM / EQP minimum for AA / US flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Confused about 500 mile / EQM / EQP minimum for AA / US flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
AMERICAN AIRLINES 3440 Y YUL JFK 04/13/15 333 (Mileage) 667 (Bonus) 1,000 (Total)

Does it look something like this? I'm thinking 333 miles = EQPs? Shouldn't this be 500?
What was the fare basis?
EQPs are a multiple of the base miles earned, so depending on fare basis , this would grant 250, 500 or 750

That line indicates that actual mileage was 333 miles
As a platinum or higher member, the min mileage would apply and so would give 500 EQMs and base miles
100 bonus would be applied on that to give 1000

This shows in the statement as base 333 with bonus 667 however
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
AMERICAN AIRLINES 3440 Y YUL JFK 04/13/15 333 (Mileage) 667 (Bonus) 1,000 (Total)

Does it look something like this? I'm thinking 333 miles = EQPs? Shouldn't this be 500?
The 333 represents the BIS miles. If you do the math on your EQM/EQP balance you should see them increased by 500 instead. AA does not post transactions for all the different numbers they track. The fact that the flight posted is a good indicator the numbers have been updated (or will be very soon).
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
500 Mile Minimum

Apologies if this has been asked before. I recently flew DFW-TUL and received 237 plus 763 bonus for 1000 miles. This shows that there is still the 500 mile minimum. Do we receive 500 miles to preferred miles or is it just the 237? On US we always received 500 miles towards preferred but this seems to say otherwise. I don't remember what my EQM balance was prior to this flight so I have nothing to compare to.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I know when I do OKC/DFW, I get 183 miles or whatever it is, plus a bonus and it equals 625, but only 500 are EQM for status. This is as an AA Gold.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Apologies if this has been asked before. I recently flew DFW-TUL and received 237 plus 763 bonus for 1000 miles. This shows that there is still the 500 mile minimum. Do we receive 500 miles to preferred miles or is it just the 237? On US we always received 500 miles towards preferred but this seems to say otherwise. I don't remember what my EQM balance was prior to this flight so I have nothing to compare to.

Thanks in advance.
The 237 is recorded as what you actually flew. 500 miles will count towards your EQM. I believe that the 237 is what posts for your million miler status (instead of 500) but I might be wrong on that.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
I believe that the 237 is what posts for your million miler status (instead of 500) but I might be wrong on that.
You are correct.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I recently flew DFW-TUL and received 237 plus 763 bonus for 1000 miles. This shows that there is still the 500 mile minimum. Do we receive 500 miles to preferred miles or is it just the 237? On US we always received 500 miles towards preferred but this seems to say otherwise. I don't remember what my EQM balance was prior to this flight so I have nothing to compare to.
Due to the difference in the way AA displays these earned miles vs. US, and the way the systems fundamentally work, I've put together a few recent threads on this topic and consolidated them. This question and its responses have been merged into that consolidated thread.

~Moderator
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'd appreciate some double-checking of my calculations. If I get this wrong I'll fail EXP requal by just double digit EQPs.

I will have a PER-xSYD-CBR in B that will net me 3810 EQP (3061 plus 750). I will then be just 651 EQP shy of requal.

It would appear as though I can do that with a PER-xSYD-CBR in N, G or S as that would get me 510 plus 250 EQP.

Any seconders?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
EQM Minimum on Partner Economy Short Haul

In the past I earned 500 EQM minimum for any flight with an economy ticket on American or one of its partners. Will that remain true or will I now get 250 mile for a short flight on Alaska? Thanks very much for any response you can offer to my first post on this forum and my apologies if this belongs elsewhere on the site.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Your information can be found on
AA earnings on Alaska

Following the link for minimum mileage will provide your answer - Yes if you have AA elite status.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:21 pm
STG

Programs: AA Plat, Avis PP, Marriott / SPG Plat, WN ALP
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
The trip history on the AA site may very well be my least favorite aspect of this merger. OK, maybe second to the hissy fits over codeshare upgrades from some elites.

I see some AA elites keep their own spreadhseet, EQMs on 500 mile min flights (75% or more of my flights) showing up in the bonus column ... I hope US IT gets a chance to "fix" that so it is more like the very user-friendly US trip history records.

Not only that, but my PHL-BOS RT on 3/24 (flights before but posted after merge) are showing 281 (flight miles) + 344 (bonus) for a total of 625. IOW, AA has undercredited me for 125 miles (assuming US Gold 50% bonus) or 375 (assuming AA Plat 100% bonus) on each segment of that trip.
Thanks for posting this! I'm so confused at the end of the year here... I'm creating a spreadsheet like you mention because (it seems like) the statement emails are garbage.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by STG
Thanks for posting this! I'm so confused at the end of the year here... I'm creating a spreadsheet like you mention because (it seems like) the statement emails are garbage.
FYI: brp has revised his spreadsheet for 2016 conditions - now named Miles Tracker v. 8.0. It can be downloaded from Gargoyle's page linked to in the OP, or here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Tracker-v8.xls.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by JDiver
FYI: brp has revised his spreadsheet for 2016 conditions - now named Miles Tracker v. 8.0. It can be downloaded from Gargoyle's page linked to in the OP, or here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Tracker-v8.xls.
I downloaded this spreadsheet, but unless I'm missing something, it does not look updated. It still has Q-points, and shows 1.5 as the highest multiplier. Further, it references BA TATL flights as non-earning, DL tab only has tiers up to Platinum Medallion, etc. Looks like it has not been touched since circa 2006.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As EQM and EQP earning changed significantly (or disappeared) for 2016, this thread is being archived to avoid information balkanisation.

~Moderator

Last edited by Microwave; Jan 11, 2016 at 7:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.