Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New [March 2015] Admirals Club shower kit ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [March 2015] Admirals Club shower kit ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I don't like the Red Flower at all....lotion is too greasy and doesn't absorb well. The Dermalogica is much better.
+1

NH had a bottle of Red Flower lotion in the Y lavatories on long haul planes, I like the blood orange scent, but the quality is too greasy like any lotion from Bath & Body Works.

One thing I know both brands have something in common, Made in China ! Not sure if that's the reason that they are hard to absorb.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Of course, the cynic in me says that these name-brand lotions and so forth are really just product placement (i.e. free advertising) on the part of the companies. I doubt that AA is actually PAYING full price for these name-brand soaps and lotions. Instead, they are offering marketing to an upscale customer base.

The same would apply to the name-brand toiletries included in the amenity kits. I highly doubt that AA actually chooses the brands based on customer preference (I've never been surveyed along these lines). Rather, I would bet that somebody at HQ scouts cosmetic companies that are looking for a favorable deal to market their products. It is a win-win....AA gets to advertise a name-brand experience, and the cosmetic company gets exposure to AA's premium customer base. Again, I'm just being cynical, but it really does seem to be all about marketing deals behind the scenes....
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESpen36

The same would apply to the name-brand toiletries included in the amenity kits. I highly doubt that AA actually chooses the brands based on customer preference (I've never been surveyed along these lines). Rather, I would bet that somebody at HQ scouts cosmetic companies that are looking for a favorable deal to market their products. It is a win-win....AA gets to advertise a name-brand experience, and the cosmetic company gets exposure to AA's premium customer base. Again, I'm just being cynical, but it really does seem to be all about marketing deals behind the scenes....
Well in this case it was US chose the Red Flower products, not AA, since the previous US Envoy kit before the merger was using Red Flower along, so it carries over to AA.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Used the LAX Flagship showers on Saturday, no kit but there were squeeze bottles of Red Flower soap and shampoo in the shower, soap and hand lotion at the sink. Seems most airlines cut back on shower kits years ago, though did come across a Bulgari one in the SCL LAN lounge about two years ago.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
ORD showers used to have deodorant, hair spray and lotion. All three gone now, or at least my experience over the past few months.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
ORD showers used to have deodorant, hair spray and lotion. All three gone now, or at least my experience over the past few months.
We all smell better these days?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Used the LAX Flagship showers on Saturday, no kit but there were squeeze bottles of Red Flower soap and shampoo in the shower, soap and hand lotion at the sink. Seems most airlines cut back on shower kits years ago, though did come across a Bulgari one in the SCL LAN lounge about two years ago.
Not quite, if there were no UA+CO merger, they would still have their own shower kit ! (People knew about PMUA was infamous about their shower kit even better than the inflight amenity kit, but not many knew about PMCO also had one, as you have to request)

After UA+CO merger, they did ordered small bottles for the new brand Philosophy and other travel size items available in some UA Club showers, just not in a kit anymore.

AF lounge do still have Loccitane shower kit.
LX FCL in ZRH do still have the Bvlgari shower kit.
While LH FCL/FCT in FRA doesn't have a kit, they have the travel size Etro bottles.
NH F lounge at both NRT and HND do have a partial shower kit for years, from Loccitane to Thann to Shiseido.
TG F lounge at BKK do have a partial Loccitane shower kit, just doesn't come with a proper bag.

Btw, how did the LA Bvlgari shower kit in SCL look like ? I wonder if it is something similar to the Bvlgari shower kit in LX FCL in ZRH.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:37 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
LAX Flagship Lounge at the beginning of the month was all Red Flower - nothing like as nice as the Dermalogica.

On the LAX-LHR flights the toilets had a mixture of the two - but the red flowers lotion is really unpleasant to my nose and skin (and they think the Dermalogica lotion is the best - though expensive).
The shampoo and body wash were alright, but the smell of the lotion was way too strong, makes me smell like a grandma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.