Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

787-8 / 788 Dreamliner routes / routing (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AlwaysSunnyInORD
American Airlines Boeing 787-8 / 788 "Dreamliner" Routes / Routing

Scheduled 788 markets as of 07MAY17
DFW-PEK
DFW-PVG
DFW-SCL
ORD-NRT
ORD-PEK
ORD-PVG
ORD-LHR
ORD-BCN
ORD-DUB (Begins AUG 05, Ends OCT 29)
ORD-CDG (Begins OCT 29)
LAX-AKL (Ends AUG 04)
LAX-PVG

Additional information:
Print Wikipost

787-8 / 788 Dreamliner routes / routing (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Confirmed my hold in coach for 2320, never been on an inaugural flight before and I'm really looking forward to it! I'll post in the other thread as well.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by GSSmith
Confirmed my hold in coach for 2320, never been on an inaugural flight before and I'm really looking forward to it! I'll post in the other thread as well.
Awesome! I haven't been on an inaugural flight either! Was hoping to go to United's however couldn't make it. Can't wait!!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Lucky. AA was so kind to cancel mine and book me on another. And trying to blame it on me
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Lucky. AA was so kind to cancel mine and book me on another. And trying to blame it on me
Did you double book?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:02 pm

No! That's why I'm so angry. I somehow was rebooked on 2328. They referred me to the AA web desk who referred me back to the EXP desk. All they can say is "someone did". I posted back on page 4 that 2320 was my gamble
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
Anyone have any theories when the seat map will be updated? Still shows an A321 seatmap online.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:11 pm

At midnight Americans systems update
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
At midnight East Coast or Central time? Might be worth it to try to get a window seat.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Question:

So is the ORD-DFW "inaugural" flight as equally exciting as the DFW-ORD actual, inaugural flight? Being based out of ORD, I would much rather do just the ORD flight departing past noon and spend some time in Dallas.

But if ORD-DFW isn't really inaugural in that sense (with festivities/execs/AA branded goodies/water canon salute etc...) I might ticket the other hold..

Anyone here have experience on the second of inaugural flights?? Perhaps from past 321T JFK/LAX or 77W DFW/GRU flights??
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Question:

So is the ORD-DFW "inaugural" flight as equally exciting as the DFW-ORD actual, inaugural flight? Being based out of ORD, I would much rather do just the ORD flight departing past noon and spend some time in Dallas.

But if ORD-DFW isn't really inaugural in that sense (with festivities/execs/AA branded goodies/water canon salute etc...) I might ticket the other hold..

Anyone here have experience on the second of inaugural flights?? Perhaps from past 321T JFK/LAX or 77W DFW/GRU flights??
Same question.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Question:

The 321T inaugural was a little different because there were actually two planes. LAX-JFK left a little before JFK-LAX, but both were in the air at the same time. I was on LAX-JFK, and from what I've read online, JFK-LAX was basically identical.

Sincere there is only one 787 flying on May 7, I'n not sure that a comparison to the 321T inaugural would be valid.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:39 pm

I have this itinerary on hold but have not booked it yet. When I log into my trip in aa.com it still shows 32B and a departure time of 7am. But when I search aa.com it gives a 7:10 departure on 788. Any way to make sure I am actually booking the one I want?
Update: they fixed it

Last edited by Ralf83; Feb 15, 2015 at 9:36 am Reason: update
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
I had two holds (both the DFW-ORD and the ORD-DFW inaugurals). They weren't showing 787 yet, but the fares were both refundable fares (held yesterday). I didn't want to have the risk of prices/availability changing when systems update, so I decided to go ahead and ticket.

2320 out of DFW around 7am is the first 787 flight. 2320 (current 2325?) out of ORD just past noon is the flight back.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:00 pm

Are P fares refundable? I have a P fare on the 2325, but we don't know about it yet...
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:09 pm

anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.