Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Admirals Club lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B440 Safari/600.1.4)

Never experienced the "double check-in" at MIA D15. However, I have had to wait at the top of the escalator a minute or so for admittance as the staff listen to somebody trying to talk his or her way into the lounge in rapid-fire Spanish.
Me neither, and I'm there monthly
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by krlcomm
That has never happened to me, not even once and I am a regular there. Has this happened to anyone else?
Never me and I probably visited there maybe 6 times in 2014
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by akarneboge
Has no one mentioned EWR? Last I was there, they still had CRT's for flight status monitors. I believe that was a couple years ago now, though.
I'm in the EWR AC almost every week, and it is in serious need of an overhaul. Furniture and overall decor are old and tired. Staff is very good, though. I hope that the combination of AA and US flights in that pier will prompt a refurb soon...

They just recently switched from CRTs to flat panels, though!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:52 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
MIA is the worst AC

SFO is the best AC

LAX is best FL
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Pinned
Seriously disagree. The ORD AC is one of the best in the system IMO.

Ignoring the ex-US Airways clubs, I'd have to say the worst is MIA. It's always terribly crowded, it's poorly kept / in need of refurbishment too.
which one? i like the one by D30
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Even with the remodel SFO is TOO SMALL... but the worst I've seen is ATL.

Originally Posted by nrr
I last used SFO a few years ago (it may now have been re-modeled); it was very small and super crowded.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

SCL is certainly vintage but I thought it was cool stepping back in time. Wish it was a bit higher though.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Even with the remodel SFO is TOO SMALL... but the worst I've seen is ATL.
I suppose ATL isn't a priority for AA... I mean how many HVC in ATL do they really expect to attract?

Any AA FF going through AA who have Citi Prestige/ Priority Pass can lounge at The Club at ATL which is really nice.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:37 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
What's wrong with the AC in ATL?

It is conveniently located right next to the gates. You don't have to take the train, and it's right after security.

Sure it's small, but it's not a dump by any means. And it's rarely crowded, especially now that the LGA flights are gone.

ATL is my most frequently visited AC (other than ORD homebase), so maybe I'm biased, but the agents there are among the friendliest and most helpful I've encountered anywhere.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Pinned
Seriously disagree. The ORD AC is one of the best in the system IMO.

Ignoring the ex-US Airways clubs, I'd have to say the worst is MIA. It's always terribly crowded, it's poorly kept / in need of refurbishment too.
MIA is the WORST. The people are nice and helpful at the Admirals Clubs there, but the physical clubs seriously need help. No better place for a Centurion Lounge, IMO. It seriously can't open soon enough..
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
What's wrong with the AC in ATL?

It is conveniently located right next to the gates. You don't have to take the train, and it's right after security.

Sure it's small, but it's not a dump by any means. And it's rarely crowded, especially now that the LGA flights are gone.

ATL is my most frequently visited AC (other than ORD homebase), so maybe I'm biased, but the agents there are among the friendliest and most helpful I've encountered anywhere.
I agree with this; I don't get the hate for the ATL AC here. It's incredibly convenient, you don't have to get on the train and everyone is extremely nice. You just go right through the North Security Checkpoint and it's right there. Couldn't be easier & I'm surprised that Delta hasn't snatched up those gates yet.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
The lounge at SAN, even though not completed, is IMO great now (after being awful previously). As you would expect in San Diego, the best beer selection in the world in the new lounge.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
If you qualify why would you not walk 15 feet to the right and go to the CX lounge?
I'm in and out of CDG 5-6+ a year. Nothing really against the CDG AC, but if I have cleared the upgrade (AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT ...!) and there are no major issues requiring announcements, the CX lounge is the better place, IMHO.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by carlosdca
ORD, both
Actually I like the ORD Lounge.

But there are 3 at ORD , the main concourse near H6, G concourse and the Flagship Lounge near K19.

The Flagship Lounge has complementary food and premium alcohol.

Most disappointing is NRT. Food and drink are not up to the standard of Asian Airline high standards like JAL, Cathay, Asiana at ICN and Cathay at HKG.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: WFBF
The only time I've ever willingly set foot in PHL A-East was to get gate information for a connecting flight, since the departure boards upstairs only showed flights in A-East.

The other one for the TATL departures is nice, though, especially when you're there at a time of day to watch the big planes parade around in front of the windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.