Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Admirals Club lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by collector1
Was at the Admirals Club at CDG two times recently. Both times horrible! Not much selection in food, what was there was not edible. All of the food looked old and dried out. The First class lounge at LHR is usually very good. However, last two times no food out, but yogurt, trays were empty. One man wanted to order food for breakfast, but was told he was 5 min late. I thought there was going to be a fight. First Class at LAX is great and BA at LHR T5 is great!
If you qualify why would you not walk 15 feet to the right and go to the CX lounge?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I disagree completely on CDG. The food is actually quite good, better than it was at the old location a year ago.

At DFW, A is best (for the reason stated above) but D has the views.

The LGA comment above kills me because it leaves out the best aspect of the lounge, namely the best view I've ever seen from any lounge: the flightline in the foreground; then the runway itself with planes taking off or landing; and then the Manhattan skyline. Against a sunset, this is all truly spectacular. No one ever seems to notice any of this but me. As I said, this just kills me -- especially since everyone on on this forum has been to LGA!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Has no one mentioned EWR? Last I was there, they still had CRT's for flight status monitors. I believe that was a couple years ago now, though.

And really, anyone bashing ORD, particularly G (after remodel), is a lost cause.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emma dog
Bad: SJU, LGA (Like everything in LGA), PHL
I find LGA to be fantastic personally - quite the pleasant change after years of the sub-standard UC there
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B440 Safari/600.1.4)

LGA has gotten much better, but it is hard to disguise the fact that you are still at LGA when you go back downstairs.

SCL has some of the best, most proactive AAngels in the system! While the LAN lounges have better catering, I always spend the majority of my time at the AC simply because the AAngels are so awesome!

YYZ--I agree, except that Ralph is wonderful! (I hope he still works there--it has been a few years since my last trip to YYZ.)

MIA - love the E premium lounge when traveling internationally and/or out of E gates. The other clubs are fine, although I dislike the extensive green "under the sea" decor... The E lounge is much nicer with actual tarmac views and a bright, naturally-lit, airy feel.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B440 Safari/600.1.4)

LGA has gotten much better, but it is hard to disguise the fact that you are still at LGA when you go back downstairs.
Compared to other areas of LGA, I think American's D concourse is nicely done. Again, we're talking about LGA here. The Admirals club is very nice though.

YYZ--I agree, except that Ralph is wonderful! (I hope he still works there--it has been a few years since my last trip to YYZ.)
YYZ is just okay. I'm thankful to have one in any Canadian airport, regardless of condition. And he did still work there, as of this past July when I was there last.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold

About ORD, I think both clubs are fine, though of course the FL is the best option for everything except views and showers. Agnes is amazing! (She usually works at G.)

DFW--D for views and convenience to international flights. For everything else, A! C is the runner-up. Haven't been to B recently.

LAX is fine, though the FL is much preferable to the AC.

LHR--don't even bother, except for the front desk for ticketing/seat issues. Head right over to the BA Flounge.

JFK--both clubs are fine, though the FL is far superior. The new quiet seating area in the C club makes this club somewhat more attractive, although the views are not as good.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
I believe you can now go between the AA and US sides of the terminal airside, walking through the new United gates.
This is correct. Both sides of B terminal are now connected airside.

As far as the topic of the thread, my vote goes to MIA because of the overcrowding.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
PIT - can't remember why I was there last year, but the bar tender cut my partner and I off after 2 glasses of those "swish cups" of wine. gross
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
ATL is an absolute joke. Extremely small, limited hours, indifferent to rude staff, and the very-limited natural light comes from a few tiny windows up high. There aren't any normal windows even facing out. I sincerely hope they'll give this one to UA (as well as the T gates) and move everything to D, where they can take over the former Presidents Club. Then they could move all of the ticket counters back to the former US area. Hey, a guy can dream. (Yes, I know many would bemoan losing the T gates, but I don't have the impression that many ATL residents actually fly AA regularly anyway; locals are far more likely to fly US.)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:09 am

I'm on a first name basis with the bar tenders at G in ORD. Nelson and Angela both just keep making me drinks, non stop.

If you frequent G on Sundays or Fridays........I am usually there.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:11 am

I want to comment I have had great times at ATL and think the staff are nice. It is definitely better than some US Airways clubs. But it is semi-small
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Ralph the Fabulous AAngel gentleman

SCL has some of the best, most proactive AAngels in the system! While the LAN lounges have better catering, I always spend the majority of my time at the AC simply because the AAngels are so awesome!

MIA - love the E premium lounge when traveling internationally and/or out of E gates. The other clubs are fine, although I dislike the extensive green "under the sea" decor... The E lounge is much nicer with actual tarmac views and a bright, naturally-lit, airy feel.
Ralph in YYZ is there and one of the best agents in AA network.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
The US (now AA) clubs at PHX are the worst I've seen in quite some time.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by phlwookie
I like that one for the food, but the decor is getting pretty tired, much like the E terminal, and needs an update.
I like it for the Tito's and Russian Standard... with me pouring... not paying much attention to the decor!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.