Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA and ExpertFlyer Issues, Questions
Please keep this thread strictly related to AA and ExpertFlyer

For general questions about ExpertFlyer, please use ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread

If you are an ExpertFlyer customer or have questions about the product, you may email customercare <at> expertflyer.com, or you can mention <at>ExpertFlyer Voice, the EF representative on FT.

NOTE: This wikipost is locked
Print Wikipost

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Curious situation...I am waitlisted for a SWU on 10/23 for AA 95 MAD-JFK.

Been checking EF obsessively, and it currently shows C2...and also J5. When I called in to the EXP desk to process it, he said there was no C availability showing, and that he wasn't seeing any seats for sale.

Any clues? Maybe just call again?

UPDATE: I just sent a message to the Twitter team, EF went to C1 about 10 minutes later, and my upgrade is being processed. Maybe the agent was just looking at the wrong day? Very strange, as I have ALWAYS has EF be completely accurate.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Curious situation...I am waitlisted for a SWU on 10/23 for AA 95 MAD-JFK.

Been checking EF obsessively, and it currently shows C2...and also J5. When I called in to the EXP desk to process it, he said there was no C availability showing, and that he wasn't seeing any seats for sale.

Any clues? Maybe just call again?

UPDATE: I just sent a message to the Twitter team, EF went to C1 about 10 minutes later, and my upgrade is being processed. Maybe the agent was just looking at the wrong day? Very strange, as I have ALWAYS has EF be completely accurate.
I had the same issue. EF was showing C1, yet the EXP desk was insisting that there was no C space available. My only guess could be that EF pulled the data, someone else higher on the waitlist cleared, so by the time I called in it was zero.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Could anyone do me a favor and look up a flight for same-day change/E inventory? I'm trying to get away with keeping my subscription inactive until January.

I'm trying to see if flight AA3528 SHV-DFW has any E/same-day change inventory on Wednesday, November 22.

Thank you
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:46 pm

Help on expert flyer on AA piecing together an itineary?

So I've been trying to piece together a south east asia itinerary ORD- NRT - BKK - ORD. I have the first leg in business class on American to NRT but can't find a route home. I have it on hold and have alerts set for expert flyer for possible routes home. Is it best to piece together a itinerary and for me to just book the outbound and hope for a inbound itinerary to open up? I have a lot of points on UA as well and a bunch of citi thank you points and Amex MR. Anyone have any good advice?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Could anyone do me a favor and look up a flight for same-day change/E inventory? I'm trying to get away with keeping my subscription inactive until January.

I'm trying to see if flight AA3528 SHV-DFW has any E/same-day change inventory on Wednesday, November 22.

Thank you
All six of the non-stop SHV-DFW flights on Nov. 22nd show E7 on the same day change inventory line.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:43 am

Fare Class Discrepancy on ExpertFlyer

Hoping someone with a bit more experience can help me out here. I'm looking to book 2 tickets Miami to Gainesville on AA for Feb-9 returning Feb-11 (includes a sat night stay). ExpertFlyer shows the below:

Departure: Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 E3
Return: Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 E6

Yet when I try to ticket on AA, the lowest fare class I'm able to book into is G. I do not want E, but would love to book O as I'm sure it's cheaper than the $357 G fare it's putting me into.

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
When I look at the fares within expertflyer, it doesn't list V,S,N,Q,O or E. I thought it might be because you are within 14 days, so I looked at 2/15, and same result. Those fare classes show on EF, but when you look at the list of fares, they aren't there.

Maybe they haven't filed fares for those classes? Good question in any case.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
When I look at the fares within expertflyer, it doesn't list V,S,N,Q,O or E. I thought it might be because you are within 14 days, so I looked at 2/15, and same result. Those fare classes show on EF, but when you look at the list of fares, they aren't there.

Maybe they haven't filed fares for those classes? Good question in any case.
Thanks. I have never seen a discrepancy like this. I'm going to call them and ask, maybe the agent can ticket it (though probably not, and they will think I'm nuts). I have in the past put a ticket on hold, setup an EF alert for a lower bucket, and had the agent switch before ticketing, but in that case there was no discrepancy. I have also checked AA Vacations (which will book into S, but I don't need the hotel and it's more expensive due to hotel) and Orbitz (which is booking into G as well).
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Use Fare Information on EF and you'll see why. The only other fare that is available for sale on that route is S fare, and those fares have 21 day advance purchase requirement. When you use Fare Information feature of EF enter your travel dates and you'll see S fares do not show up. Then Refine your search and check the Show Fares for All Travel Dates box and the S fares will show up with the 21 APR noted. There are not published fares for the other inventories.

If you check fares for connections, for example DCA-GNV, then you will see published fares for many of the inventories missing for the non-stop MIA-GNV fares.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jan 31, 2018 at 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mike814
Hoping someone with a bit more experience can help me out here. I'm looking to book 2 tickets Miami to Gainesville on AA for Feb-9 returning Feb-11 (includes a sat night stay). ExpertFlyer shows the below:

Departure: Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 E3
Return: Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 E6

Yet when I try to ticket on AA, the lowest fare class I'm able to book into is G. I do not want E, but would love to book O as I'm sure it's cheaper than the $357 G fare it's putting me into.

Thanks!
You need to click the "Fare Information" tab in EF to see what fares are actually filed between any two given cities.

Looking at that, it appears the G fare is the lowest filed fare between MIA-GNV on your dates. Just because AA has O fares available on the segment doesn't necessarily mean you can buy them. For example, if there's an O fare filed for LHR-GNV then then there would be O availability on to book into on the MIA-GNV segment, if that makes sense.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If aa.com isn't offering fares in buckets lower than G even though inventory if available, then:

- AA doesn't have published fares lower than G for MIA-GNV, and/or

- the OP isn't meeting adv purchase, minimum stay, etc. provisions of fares booking into buckets lower than G

AA may show O bucket availability on the segment hoping to sell somebody an expensive ticket like LAX-MIA-GNV.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:15 am

@aaupgrade, @JJeffrey and @3Cforme thank you for the information. Very helpful.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You need to click the "Fare Information" tab in EF to see what fares are actually filed between any two given cities.

Looking at that, it appears the G fare is the lowest filed fare between MIA-GNV on your dates. Just because AA has O fares available on the segment doesn't necessarily mean you can buy them. For example, if there's an O fare filed for LHR-GNV then then there would be O availability on to book into on the MIA-GNV segment, if that makes sense.
There are S fares filed for OP's dates, but as noted above, they have a 21-day advance purchase requirement which OP does not meet. There are two different G fares, one with a 14-day advance purchase and another with 7-day advance. Only the 7-day advance purchase G fares are available at this point due to OP's travel dates.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone had luck with viewing Premium Economy seat maps in EF? When I search for the W cabin for AA907 on 2/24, I get an error message stating "The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again."
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by dciolli
Has anyone had luck with viewing Premium Economy seat maps in EF? When I search for the W cabin for AA907 on 2/24, I get an error message stating "The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again."
Sure, it works - an issue with that flight though. Checking AA907 on 2/28, I get the PE map. Checking AA70 DFW-FRA, I get maps. Perhaps an aircraft sub in progress for your flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.