Wiki Posts
Search

Issues with mixed AA/US itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Starwood Plat
Issues with mixed AA/US itineraries

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but I searched and could not find the exact same issue covered.

Anyway, I have been flying a few mixed AA/US itineraries in the past few weeks in which I take an AA-operated flight and connect to a US-operated flight (with an AA codeshare flight number) or vice versa. All of these itineraries have been ticketed by AA on 001 stock.

On itineraries where I start with a US flight and connect to an AA flight, I have no problem receiving both boarding passes from a US kiosk or by using US online checkin, but what I notice is that I do not get added to the upgrade list automatically for the AA flight and I then need to go to an AA rep to manually get added. Is this normal? I know that I can only waitlist for an upgrade on the US segments on the day of the flight, but I figured that getting added to upgrade list for the AA flight would be automatic.

Also, on all these itineraries, the AA flight segments post to my AAdvantage account by the next day, but not a single US segment has posted to my account yet and it's been over 2 weeks on a few of them. Does it usually take that long for flown US segments to post to AAdvantage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.