Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difference in culture: AA and US Elites

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
I have to chime in here... anyone comparing the new AA, or PMUS, to Spirit Airlines is flat out of their mind. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Getting popcorn. Be right back.
Ok. You forgot the beer.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I think this could be one of my biggest gripes with this whole AA vs US nonsense. Since I live in DC and have flown US for the last 10 years due to the fact that they got me where I needed to go out of DCA, almost always in First class, and needed the Shuttle, I am looked down upon by those from AA. US was the carrier of convenience and just worked for me. I didn't know DC was such a backwater place to be that I am a very different customer base than those high class AA people.

Because Dallas is such a glamorous world-class city in comparison.
Dallas is a great city. With a great city comes of responsibilities of dealing with.....you know...
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:58 pm
Suspended

just leave it
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
I am far from an "elite" but I fly enough to make EXP every year. I am no different from the guy sitting in 29E on my AA flight or the guy flying in 3B on a US flight. But, (and there's always a but on FT), the pmAA product compared to now is just a major downgrade in service. I understand that the US peeps are used to it - but after 6 years of flying AA it's a huge cut and a disgrace to the airline.

How can you say that what once was a decent hot meal (nothing that blew my hair back - but was convenient with a minimal layover, and didn't leave me fighting to find a meal at a hotel at 11pm when everything is closed) and instead was replaced with this:

Case in point:

Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Whilst this apparently began as a thread comparing the alleged different Elite passenger cultures at pmAA and pmUS, it has rapidly deteriorated into a thread with off topic posts, negative characterizations and stereotypes that will lead to further animus and discord.

Rather than becoming a thread with value for customers joining together in an airline version of a shotgun marriage seeking to enhance each other's knowledge and build strength to survive and plot our new course together, this has a lot of disparagement and negativity. It truly pains me to see FTers dumping like this on other FTers and their airlines.

Rather than asking members to edit and doing necessary cleanup, for now I'm just taking the easier path and locking the thread, for surely no good is coming here.

I'll consult with other team members for next steps; it truly pains me to see the

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.