Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Trying to book an international ticket with Dividend Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold

I am lost and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. We are trying to take a South American cruise which starts in Santiago and ends in Buenos Aires. We would like to use our US Airways Dividend Miles.

In checking on the American Airlines website, flights are available using frequent flyer miles (each trip is a combination of American flights and US Airways flights). When I called the US Airways desk, with flight information in hand, they told me that American had not released their flights for them to use. There are no flights int he US computer to be able to book airfare to the cities I need.

Is there any way to book a One World ticket or any kind of frequent flyer ticket? Is there a magical way to help the US desk find these flights that are showing available?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
At what level (saver? standard?) are the flights you see on the AA site available for award travel? Since you plan to use US miles, you are bound to follow US rules and are limited to flights available through US.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

We would be willing to use either level of coach...the tickets I found were saver at 30,000 miles each way. However, none of the levels were showing in the US computers.

Just a thought, but could we transfer our US account and miles to our American accounts? Then, we could book the tickets.

I am just an old lady and this just doesn't make sense to me. I guess if it is meant to be, it will work out.

Last edited by DesertSailors; Sep 5, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
They haven't made a provision to transfer miles between Dividend Miles and AAdvantage accounts.

US miles can be used only for saver-level awards on AA.

I might try having another look on the AA award search site and (if saver level is seen) calling US again; sometimes inventory is out of sync temporarily.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I just entered all of the information again at the AA site. They are definitely Saver award flights. Funny, the price dropped from 60,000 RT to 47,500. I will try and call US again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.