Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Parker: "To try to change the program (to revenue based) right now would be foolish."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parker: "To try to change the program (to revenue based) right now would be foolish."

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
So, you believe that the 2016 AA FF program will use $ spend on OneWorld to determine status for 2017? That miles will be out of the equation?

I don't buy it.

--woodstock
Could be he just meant that AA will add spend thresholds for status as DL/UA have done. However, yes, it is very unlikely they will abandon using miles for status as even DL/UA have not yet gone that far.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Dougie has gutted the AA frequent flyer program that even the FAs are disgusted.
Why would the FAs care about the FF program? And how has it been gutted? Devalued, yes (like all programs are from time to time), but gutted?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
So, you believe that the 2016 AA FF program will use $ spend on OneWorld to determine status for 2017? That miles will be out of the equation?

I don't buy it.

--woodstock
If I were a betting man. Doug Parker didn't rule out out. But when he calls it innovative and he is basically aligning the program to other standards - it's coming. I'm hoping miles will still play a role but if I'm sure it will be monetary based.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.