Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The A321T three class transcontinental version of the “32B” (Airbus A321-200 with Sharklets wingtip devices) offers ten Flagship individual solo suites with fully flat beds, all with windows and aisle access. The suites are based on the Sicma Skylounge platform, similar to the Sicma Cirrus Business seats used in the 77W (777-300ER) having received shell treatments to make them instantly recognisable to international American flyers. The seat offers 75” pitch, 25” width, not measured for verification.

The front two seats are said to have roomier foot boxes, and are close to the “Cuddle Cabin” ventilated pet closets, and though they seem close to lav and galley, many do not note excessive noise due to the intervening space for exit doors. There are no “best seats” for couples; these are all solo suites separated by an aisle width at least.

Business Class offers ten pairs of B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel seats, fully flat beds. The window seat passenger may be obstructed by the aisle passenger. Row 6 is close to lav and galley. Row 8 A and F have only one window. Row 10 is separated from Economy by the exit access ways.
Print Wikipost

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
No problem golfguyhi- if it is indeed an A321B, it will still be much better than the LUS A321 which currently dominates the route...I wouldn't be too disappointed. As someone who frequents transcons out of CLT I consider the introduction of the A321B a pretty nice improvement!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by ACA321
No problem golfguyhi- if it is indeed an A321B, it will still be much better than the LUS A321 which currently dominates the route...I wouldn't be too disappointed. As someone who frequents transcons out of CLT I consider the introduction of the A321B a pretty nice improvement!
CLT has the better A321 now? That's nice. The LUS ones were garbage.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Do 1A and 1F have the much larger footwells like rows 3 and 5 in J on the 77w? I much prefer that than the little cubby and don't mind putting up with galley light on an upcoming flight.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:34 am

Anyone know which flat beds in J are 78" vs. 75"? It matters because I'm 6'4". Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Have always been curious why in Row 1 and Row 6 (the premium cabin bulkheads) they don't allow storage in the footwell. Is there a safety concern? If so, what could it possibly be that is different than the non-bulkhead rows? Totally understand why the Y bulkhead has this restriction since there is no storage space but have never understood it in F/J.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:04 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
AA 28 (lax-jfk) A321T [3 class] comment

I was seated in 6F (BC seat). A few feet away is a toilet (on the A-C side). Every time someone used the toilet, 6D and 6F are "blasted" with lots of light--"great" if you are trying to sleep or watch movies on the IFE system. Hence 6D and 6F should be avoided!
The headphone jack (3 prong) is so far recessed (in the back of the seating area) making it difficult (even with seat light on) to see the holes. AA 28 is a redeye, for a day flight with window shades open may not be an issue.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I was seated in 6F (BC seat). A few feet away is a toilet (on the A-C side). Every time someone used the toilet, 6D and 6F are "blasted" with lots of light--"great" if you are trying to sleep or watch movies on the IFE system. Hence 6D and 6F should be avoided!
I'm not sure what you expected when you chose a seat right next to the lav and galley.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rjw242
I'm not sure what you expected when you chose a seat right next to the lav and galley.
That, and, if one doesn't take advantage of the easily available tools for determining same:
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...s_A321_new.php
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:13 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had NO choice, 6F was the only seat left.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:16 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
That, and, if one doesn't take advantage of the easily available tools for determining same:
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...s_A321_new.php
When I have a choice, I ALWAYS consult seatguru; but "beggars can't be choosy" when I needed to make a last minute flight change, with only 1 seat available.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
I had NO choice, 6F was the only seat left.
I'm sure there were plenty of economy seats where you wouldn't have been disturbed by the lav
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:50 pm

For sleeping I prefer the J window seats over F. Although I could fall asleep in either, the J seats have been more soporific while the F seats are more uncomfortable on my back. For overall quality and privacy, I prefer the F seats of course. Although the J seats have allowed me to strike up interesting conversations with many fascinating neighbors.

Usually on JFK-SFO, I fly in F and on the way back, I flight in J.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:41 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure there were plenty of economy seats where you wouldn't have been disturbed by the lav
I've flown both "red-eyes", LAX-JFK many times over the last several years--these generally are at full capacity in Y. The standby list for flt. 28 had lots of names with few clearing.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't this the BEST seat thread?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I've flown both "red-eyes", LAX-JFK many times over the last several years--these generally are at full capacity in Y. The standby list for flt. 28 had lots of names with few clearing.
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Isn't this the BEST seat thread?
Yep. And I'll bet if you offered to swap one of the worst seats in J for one of the best seats in Y (not pitching it quite that way), you'd get a taker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.