Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Virgin America competition coming to DAL: effect on AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Virgin America competition coming to DAL: effect on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:39 am

Never thought the Wright Amendment would be abolished, but now I wonder how much pressure there might be exerted to expand Love Fld to add capacity/gates and eventually introduce international service out of Love
as they are doing at Hobby down in Houston ? Welcome to free markets and capitalism of the 21st century North Texas ! It's gonna be fun to watch all the fireworks begin in October.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nunusguy
Never thought the Wright Amendment would be abolished, but now I wonder how much pressure there might be exerted to expand Love Fld to add capacity/gates and eventually introduce international service out of Love as they are doing at Hobby down in Houston ? Welcome to free markets and capitalism of the 21st century North Texas ! It's gonna be fun to watch all the fireworks begin in October.
There won't be any expansion of DAL and there won't be any international flights, as both were prohibited by the agreement between Dallas, Fort Worth, DFW Airport, WN and AA that led to Congress agreeing to abolish the WA.

Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by FWAAA
There won't be any expansion of DAL and there won't be any international flights, as both were prohibited by the agreement between Dallas, Fort Worth, DFW Airport, WN and AA that led to Congress agreeing to abolish the WA.

Welcome to Flyertalk.
I know that international service out of Love is at present strictly prohibited, but as we now know with Wright finally being repealed in just a few months, perhaps there will be other pleasant surprises for North Texas travelers. And I still think there's hope for squeezing a few more gates out of Love with what I expect to be a hugely popular acceptance of the new long-haul service out of Love.
But thanks for the welcome, looks like a great Board !
Old Jun 28, 2014, 7:08 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Sounds eerily similar to previous posters stating the Wright amendment will never be repealed!. I bet otherwise but we shall see....
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nunusguy
I know that international service out of Love is at present strictly prohibited, but as we now know with Wright finally being repealed in just a few months, perhaps there will be other pleasant surprises for North Texas travelers. And I still think there's hope for squeezing a few more gates out of Love with what I expect to be a hugely popular acceptance of the new long-haul service out of Love.
But thanks for the welcome, looks like a great Board !
A few more gates? I doubt it Here is the agreement in which WN and Dallas agreed to 20 gates and no international flights:

http://www.dallas-lovefield.com/pdf/...tAmendment.pdf

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Sounds eerily similar to previous posters stating the Wright amendment will never be repealed!. I bet otherwise but we shall see....
More gates and international flights from DAL? IMO, about as likely as an additional runway at LGA or SNA or a new pair of runways at SFO.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
More gates and international flights from DAL? IMO, about as likely as an additional runway at LGA or SNA or a new pair of runways at SFO.
I'd say about as likely as lower APD at Heathrow.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I'd say as likely as AA restarting the SJC hub and starting a LIT-NRT flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.