Wiki Posts
Search

miles on both airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
miles on both airlines

Can I fly US and credit the miles to my AA account. If not now, from when is this duable.

Alternatively if I credit the miles to my US account, up to when can I transfer the entire balance to AA?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by badatz
Can I fly US and credit the miles to my AA account. If not now, from when is this duable.

Alternatively if I credit the miles to my US account, up to when can I transfer the entire balance to AA?
You can fly US now and use your AA account. I think you've been able to do that since around January 7. Seems to me to make more sense to pick one FF account or the other and put all miles, US or AA, on that account. I have no idea when they're going to roll the two programs, and miles, fully together.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:58 am

There was a promotion for 50% more US miles flying AA and vice versa. Have to register. Not sure of the dates but I think it's good through March.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by badatz

As far as the second question is concerned, the two programs will be merged at some point in the future; no date has yet been determined, but it could easily take a year or more for that to happen. At the present time, it is not possible to transfer miles between the two accounts. Whether transfers will become possible before the programs are merged and the US program ceases to exist (as was the case with UA and CO a few years ago) is not yet known.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
thanks for the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.