Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club members may present their membership card to access US Airways Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club members may present their membership card to access US Airways Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
nevermind...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Was in the PHL club today b/c terminal and asked about using the AA club in terminal A was told that no reciprocal agreement with the PHL AA club and that that would be closing. The US Air club in A will be enough I haven't been in the AA club in PHL but don't think they need that with the US club right down the hall...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Though disappointing this is unsurprising. I guess BA will just use the Terminal A US Club going forward?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by phlwookie
Though disappointing this is unsurprising. I guess BA will just use the Terminal A US Club going forward?
Once US is a member of OW, they are still *A.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Once US is a member of OW, they are still *A.
US is leaving *A on March 31 joining One World
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie
THE BA GALLERIES CLUB IN PHL IS NOT CLOSING. The AA agreement to use the BA Club is ending. Where on earth do these rumors originate?? The BA club is not a membership club like the AA/US Clubs (except for the 4 Flagship Lounges at JFK, ORD, LAX and LHR) - it's for premium BA (First and Club World) and OW Emerald/Sapphire international passengers only,
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by perseus11
THE BA GALLERIES CLUB IN PHL IS NOT CLOSING. The AA agreement to use the BA Club is ending. Where on earth do these rumors originate?? The BA club is not a membership club like the AA/US Clubs (except for the 4 Flagship Lounges at JFK, ORD, LAX and LHR) - it's for premium BA (First and Club World) and OW Emerald/Sapphire international passengers only,
Something tells me the "Galleries" label will be taken off of it soon. US operates close to two dozen flights to Europe during the peak schedule. Many of whose passengers will have Sapphire/Emerald status.

On a side note, US was offering a 90-day club pass for only $120. I'm not sure if it just went away today, though.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Something tells me the "Galleries" label will be taken off of it soon. US operates close to two dozen flights to Europe during the peak schedule. Many of whose passengers will have Sapphire/Emerald status.
The BA lounge is by far the best lounge in PHL, and as LHR is by far my most common international destination, I always enjoy it when I wind up on BA 66/68 rather than US 728. It'd be a shame to not have access to it when I get top tier OW status on Mar 31 (I'm a US Chairman) but I suspect the place would be absolutely overrun versus the much, much larger US lounge just upstairs, which itself can be very busy at the peak summer schedule.

Ending the AA relationship and moving those passengers to the three US Clubs at PHL is almost undoubtedly the correct business decision, it's just not one I like Hopefully BA does indeed keep their lounge open in the long term.

On a side note, US was offering a 90-day club pass for only $120. I'm not sure if it just went away today, though.
It's still there: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...b/default.html As far as I can recall, that 90-day membership is not a special but something that's been around for a long while.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
The US Air club at T1 at LAX is arguably the most depressing domestic lounge I have been in
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:52 pm

Something tells me the "Galleries" label will be taken off of it soon. US operates close to two dozen flights to Europe during the peak schedule. Many of whose passengers will have Sapphire/Emerald status....
Why, BA and AA operate separate lounges in many airports, including BOS, DFW, JFK, MIA, etc.. All BA lounges, except Arrival Lounges have the same entry requirements, regardless of their name (Galleries, Terraces, etc..). If BA withdrew from the PHL Lounge ownership and the lounge was re-designated a OW lounge, they'd likely also have to discontinue their business heavy 767/787 (From June 04) Supper flight. Also, BA has a strict priority for Galleries Lounge use. Once the passenger count (in the lounge) exceeds a certain number, during certain hours, only BA qualified passengers are admitted.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite

For Philly, I hope they (severely) remodel the old Envoy lounge and rebrand it as a Flagship. The BA/AA lounge should be a regular lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:33 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xero
At DCA the Admirals Club and US Airways Club are next to each other. Hmmm, which to use?
The US club has a great view but the beverage selection is poor and the back bar area smells. I'd hangout in the AC.

Lets hope that in the future they knock down the wall.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 MM, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Hogwarts Express
Just used my Citi Exec card to access the USAir Club in CLT!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Just got this from American for US Air Club Members

Looks like we have access right now for Admirals Club

Your club membership just got better
As we work to build the new American, we're also working to bring you new benefits. With your US Airways Club membership, you can now enjoy access to American's Admirals Club lounges. You'll find 35 Admirals Club locations in major airports worldwide, 31 of which are located in airports where there is no US Airways Club today.
We'll be exiting Star Alliance on March 30, 2014 and, after that date, you'll no longer receive Star Alliance lounge access and will no longer have access to United Clubs. When we join the oneworld® alliance on March 31, 2014, you can enjoy access to more than 600 lounges across the world when you fly First or Business Class on any oneworld member airline or with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status.
We'll continue to keep you up-to-date on changes and benefits coming your way.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
... but why this?

US Airways Club members will not have access to Flagship Lounges, the British Airways Galleries Lounge in Philadelphia or the American Airlines Arrivals Lounge in London
It makes me question renewing my current club membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.