Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Lifetime Status / Million Miler program - discussion, speculation (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Future of AA / US Lifetime Status / Million Miler program (consolidated)

Until the new (and current) Million Miler program was launched December 2011, any miles from all sources (all redeemable miles) counted as Million Miler miles. Lifetime status granted was the same as today: Gold at 1,000,000 miles ever earned, and Platinum at 2,000,000 lifetime miles ever earned; no lifetime top tier (EP / EXP) status was, or is, offered. Further million miles thresholds earn 4 SWUs.

The current Million Miler program "grandfathered" existing MM counts because until now there existed no way to differentiate miles for MM count. With the announcement of the new program, AA announced only Base / Elite-Qualifying Miles would count and be added to one's Million Mile counter.

AAdvantage® Million MilerSM program recognizes and rewards AAdvantage members when Million Miler thresholds are achieved. Base miles earned by flying on American Airlines, American Eagle® or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count toward Million Miler status.

AAdvantage members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Gold status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles*

At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Platinum status and four one-way systemwide upgrades

At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four additional one-way systemwide upgrades

For all members, your beginning Million Miler balance will include every AAdvantage mile you ever earned in the program. This Program to Date balance is currently reflected in your AAdvantage account on aa.com. Million Miler activity will be displayed in your AAdvantage account on aa.com separately from award miles so progress toward reaching this special designation can be easily tracked.

It's a special honor to be recognized with Million Miler status - and it is our distinct pleasure to reward such loyalty.

US has had a lifetime status / million mile program, and it counts PQM.

The greatest likelihood is current million miler counts will be merged, and that there is no way to "beat the system" by trying to inflate Redeemable miles counts in AA or US accounts; they both differentiate the kinds of miles, and no indication the Million Miler program will include lifetime Redeemable miles counts when USDM accounts are brought over and merged into AAdvantage (nor has anyone who has already caused an account merger stated to the contrary).

In the second quarter of 2015, we’ll combine your million mile balances (if you have both a Dividend Miles and AAdvantage® account) or transfer your million mile balance to the AAdvantage program.

AAdvantage Million Miler program:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/millionMiler.jsp

Delta's comparable program (no lifetime top tier status):http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...er-status.html

United's comparable program (lifetime top tier status granted):
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont.../lifetime.aspx
Print Wikipost

AA Lifetime Status / Million Miler program - discussion, speculation (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
If you will be flying US in the future you can credit the miles to your AA account and they will count towards your MM status.

That has been my experience for my US flights this year so far. They are counting towards my AA MM status when I credit them to my AA account.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by 2xoplm
(These are old miles, so I don't have any status on US.)
Don't let them expire and disappear (assuming that they haven't already) - if that happens before the programs are merged they'll never count toward MM status.

Jim
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
US codeshare on QR and AA MM?

thinking about booking J ticket through USair.com with codeshare on QR (Qatar Airways)

my US miles this year credited to AA have budged AA MM counter

what about this codeshare? the ticket price jumps almost double for booking comparable flights through AA.com, hence my interest in booking through US. if I do spring for J tickets from DAY to DOH I'd sure want to get credit towards 2nd Million and LT PLT

thanks in advance!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by benzguy80
thinking about booking J ticket through USair.com with codeshare on QR (Qatar Airways)

<snip>

what about this codeshare?
You can get AA or US miles on just about any AA or US flights - there may be a few flights that don't have codeshare flight numbers yet. You can book/fly US and Qatar or other partners - US is in OW as of tomorrow and I believe already has a codeshare with Qatar plus Qatar is starting PHL service sometime this summer I think. Just use the FF# for either your AA or US account.

Jim
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:51 pm

question: How do I find out how many LT miles on USAirways?
I am pretty sure I have more than one million, but never know..
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The3ears
question: How do I find out how many LT miles on USAirways?
I am pretty sure I have more than one million, but never know..
Welcome to Flyertalk! You will have to email US Airways to find this out

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...les-flown.html
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In an email on integration/elite benefits update received today from AA, it noted:

We plan to bring current Dividend Miles accounts into the AAdvantage program in 2015. That means that we will combine your award mileage balances, your Million Miler(tm) balances and your elite-qualifying activity from both programs. In the meantime, continue to book travel and earn miles as you normally would. We will follow up with you when we begin the process of integrating accounts, but rest assured your miles and elite status are safe as we work to combine the two programs.
So obviously this is going to happen. How exactly, remains to be seen.

This may bump me over the 1MM mark, for which I'll be very relieved (not flying as much as I used to, even 25k is a stretch now). ^ I assume there's still no way to see the MM counter on US Airways? I couldn't find it.

ETA: oh bugger, I just realized that all my old HP flying from back in the day was probably credited to CO. After the US/HP merger, I don't remember where I would have credited my miles, possibly UA or maybe I did keep them with US...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by ijgordon
ETA: oh bugger, I just realized that all my old HP flying from back in the day was probably credited to CO. After the US/HP merger, I don't remember where I would have credited my miles, possibly UA or maybe I did keep them with US...
If you don't have an active US account, then I suspect you won't get anything towards MM. US closes accounts after a few years of inactivity.

If you do have an active account, you can call for your MM balance.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Million Miler Question

Odd question, is there a lifetime qualification based on number of segments similar to the Million Miler for miles flown.

Was just wondering as in a high segment flyer, but non high mileage. Average segment is 500 miles.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Two thousand segments should do it, then.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/millionMiler.jsp
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Hate to break it to you. But since the change was made 3 years ago, only the actual miles flown is credited to MM status. No 500 mile minimum.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG, DL Silver, Hilton Gold
AA has said today that they will combine your US and AA million miler miles. So I have 2 questions for everyone:

1 - how do you see you US AIR million mile miles? I can't find it anywhere on my account.
2 - Do you guys know US million mile works? Does it only count miles flown like AA does now? Or do they count all miles like AA use to about 2 years ago?
If they count all miles, I am thinking about getting the US air credit card to tack on to my million mile balance after the accounts merge.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hfnole
AA has said today that they will combine your US and AA million miler miles. So I have 2 questions for everyone:

1 - how do you see you US AIR million mile miles? I can't find it anywhere on my account.
2 - Do you guys know US million mile works? Does it only count miles flown like AA does now? Or do they count all miles like AA use to about 2 years ago?
If they count all miles, I am thinking about getting the US air credit card to tack on to my million mile balance after the accounts merge.
In the main thread it was asked and the answer was that you have to email US to get the figure-- it's not shown on-line.

EDIT to add: the question is also answered like 4 posts up in this thread with a helpful link. (post# 88)

And, it was also stated that the figure on US is very much a BIS figure-- or at least not "all miles" like pre-change AAdv.

Last edited by JonNYC; Oct 28, 2014 at 3:16 pm Reason: add
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
AA said only US miles flown will come across to AA, may be not even America West miles!

Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Markie
AA said only US miles flown will come across to AA, may be not even America West miles!
That would be odd. Because flown HP miles are calculated into one's MM status with US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.