Search

AA/US Hub Flights Compared to UA & DL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:10 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AA/US Hub Flights Compared to UA & DL

Here is a comparison between AA/US and DL and UA hub departures for 2/14/14. It's interesting to see how the new stacks up against the competition.

Side by Side Comparison of Hub Departures for AA/US, DL, and UA

The source data for the above Google Docs Spreadsheet is from 3 threads on another forum.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I have not been through ORD since last spring and I'm surprised at the low number of MD80 departures now. The 738s along with smaller Eagle jets seem to be taking over that airport.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:33 am
Suspended

Looks like DL is still light years ahead of AA in terms of putting the right aircraft on the right mission.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I have not been through ORD since last spring and I'm surprised at the low number of MD80 departures now. The 738s along with smaller Eagle jets seem to be taking over that airport.
How about the very low number of MD-80s (3) out of LGA, as LGA had formerly been Mad Dog heaven?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by BiggerisnotBetter
Looks like DL is still light years ahead of AA in terms of putting the right aircraft on the right mission.
DL, with it's integration of NW complete, has a lot more choices of type than AA. Plus that ability to put the "right" aircraft on a mission adds cost and complexity. Legacy carriers are always making judgement calls about fleets - what is the simplest fleet that can serve their network without incurring too much extra cost?

Jim
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
How about the very low number of MD-80s (3) out of LGA, as LGA had formerly been Mad Dog heaven?
I guess DFW is now or becoming all 738 and ORD is heading that way. LGA has not seen a 757 in quite awhile. MIA used to be all 757 with DFW having 757 service on and off and ORD having 757 service in summer. ORD/LGA might be a good route for the A319.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
I guess DFW is now or becoming all 738 and ORD is heading that way. LGA has not seen a 757 in quite awhile. MIA used to be all 757 with DFW having 757 service on and off and ORD having 757 service in summer. ORD/LGA might be a good route for the A319.
But only 8 F seats!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:51 pm

Angry

ORD/LGA might be a good route for the A319.
Having flown in both First and Coach on the A319, the only good route for that aircraft, in its current seating configuration, is to the junkyard.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by bcj1949
But only 8 F seats!
But if they only sell 4 that's still 4 to many

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.