Fly Star Alliance will get me EQM on AA?

Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Fly Star Alliance will get me EQM on AA?

Currently I only fly AA.

If I flew Turkish Airlines before March 30th and deposited those points into my US account those miles would be EQM for AA after March 30th?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: None
Some time after March 30 - there's been no announcement about when the two programs will be combined and US miles will turn into AA miles. Before that, you'll probably be able to use US miles for AA awards, but even the date for that hasn't been announced yet.

Jim
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Some time after March 30 - there's been no announcement about when the two programs will be combined and US miles will turn into AA miles. Before that, you'll probably be able to use US miles for AA awards, but even the date for that hasn't been announced yet.

Jim
What i'm more concerned with is if they will transfer to AA as EQM in 2014
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by Joe Butch
Sometime after March 30th, you're US PQM will become AA EQM

Note check your carrier for earning percentage based on fare class on the US website.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Joe Butch
You're not going to get any assurances here, the simple answer is that not much is known after March 30th. However, using past mergers as a template (including HP/US) the new AA would be asinine to not combine the EQM balance by the end of the year for 2015 status.

I'm in the same boat, taking several UA trips to DXB before March 30 thanks to Wideroe, and I'm not too worried it won't happen.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I agree with those who say there's no sure thing here, but I think the smart money is that any US PQMs earned in calendar year 2014 will be merged into AA EQMs at some point before March 1, 2015 when the next year begins and count for AA status going-forward.

Also, since you indicate that it's Turkish that you're considering flying, note that you may not be "cut off" on March 30th, as US announced that it intends to remain partnered with TK even after US exits from Star Alliance.

"We plan to continue relationships with the following airlines, which means youll be able to earn and redeem miles on these select partners even after weve exited Star Alliance: Aegean, Air China, Air New Zealand, Avianca, Ethiopian Airlines, Eva, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, TAM, TAP and Turkish Airways."
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Also you'll want to verify your fare class to ensure you accrue USDM.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
Also, since you indicate that it's Turkish that you're considering flying, note that you may not be "cut off" on March 30th, as US announced that it intends to remain partnered with TK even after US exits from Star Alliance.
Until details are announced what the partnership includes, there is no way to guarantee miles after 3/30 will be elite qualifying.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
AA/US FFP Merger

I have quite a few trips coming to BOS from SFO, outbound works fine on redye thru JFK, return is a problem as last flt that gets me to SFO leaves BOS at 445PM to DFW, besides quite a detour its too early. Can I just fly UA back, get miles on US account, and when they get combined I get EQM's for return on new AA FFP also?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
I have quite a few trips coming to BOS from SFO, outbound works fine on redye thru JFK, return is a problem as last flt that gets me to SFO leaves BOS at 445PM to DFW, besides quite a detour its too early. Can I just fly UA back, get miles on US account, and when they get combined I get EQM's for return on new AA FFP also?
There has been no announcement made regarding what happens to EQMs when the FF programs are combined. My guess is the EQMs will be combined, but that is my guess. I would not count on anything but what has already been published, though I am positive RDMs will be combined.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
How about 2013? I am 1500 miles short of Gold this year due to a cutback in travel and options from AA out of SJU and STX where I am located. I'd like to keep Gold as AA still flies here direct from MIA but it is hard to do any mileage runs now that the SJU hub is gone so my options are limited. One thought I had is that I have 1800 Preferred miles on USAirways for 2013. So if combined I have enough for Gold but apart no go.

Any thoughts on how or where I should go to try to effectively make my case for Gold status based on my combined EQM/PQM's of the two airlines in 2013?

Thanks,

Sean
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by stiphy
How about 2013? I am 1500 miles short of Gold this year due to a cutback in travel and options from AA out of SJU and STX where I am located. I'd like to keep Gold as AA still flies here direct from MIA but it is hard to do any mileage runs now that the SJU hub is gone so my options are limited. One thought I had is that I have 1800 Preferred miles on USAirways for 2013. So if combined I have enough for Gold but apart no go.

Any thoughts on how or where I should go to try to effectively make my case for Gold status based on my combined EQM/PQM's of the two airlines in 2013?

Thanks,

Sean
You can call AA, ask nicely and see what they say. Worst case, they will say "no" and you can "Boost" to Gold for $399.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.