Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Where is my elite status card? Card delays - 2014 version (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

2014 Status Year (1 Mar 2014 - 28 Feb 2015) cards earned in 2013 have not shown up in many (all?) members' mail as of 28 Feb 2014. The lack of a current card may create an impediment to receiving oneworld status benefits and prerequisites such as lounge access, priority check-in etc. Some will not acknowledge the photo of one's card, which is undated, in the AA mobile app, and some have previously reported lounge access denied even when a boarding pass reflects one's status and frequent flyer number.

If this has happened to you, unfortunately this is not uncommon this year.

Please go directly to the end of this thread to verify if anyone is reporting they have received theirs.)

The 2015 status year cards (for status 1 Mar 2015 through 29 Feb 2016) may be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/1631904-where-my-elite-status-card-2015-status-year-version-consolidated.html

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Mid march still NO card big thumbs down, AA is taking too long to respond to this!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
Originally Posted by rsydney
This is the message I got today in regards to my card.

Given our special elite renewal offers this year (www.aa.com/elite), we
held onto our elite credentials until just recently. These mailings
should arrive on or before April 15, 2014. In the interim, please
consider downloading our AA.com Mobile app (www.aa.com/app), which will
allow you to display your AAdvantage elite status immediately on your
smartphone.
I requalified in early Dec and sent an email to AA CS last week. Same response as above but email did say that their records show my card was processed on March 7th. I've only used the card once to get into a OW lounge as my boarding pass seems to work fine as long as it says OW Emerald. I received my SWUs timely but so far no communication from AA about making EXP again. Nice way to treat your loyal flyers.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
but, what about...?

Originally Posted by Pinned
I received my EXP card about a week or two ago.
For me, one of the delights of the annual mailing is the enclosed 10 pack of "employee appreciation" stickers. Admittedly, according to many FA, etc. they are of limited value. Still, I like to show I care, along with my "congratulations, you are AA FC FA Number...to serve me the French 75, continue your excellent service." Currently up to Number 95 but only been doing this about 18 months.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jake108
For me, one of the delights of the annual mailing is the enclosed 10 pack of "employee appreciation" stickers. Admittedly, according to many FA, etc. they are of limited value. Still, I like to show I care, along with my "congratulations, you are AA FC FA Number...to serve me the French 75, continue your excellent service." Currently up to Number 95 but only been doing this about 18 months.
Apparently now they will be entered into a lottery for 10k USD once a quarter (or something to that respect).

I had a flight in J from LHR to DFW with the entire plane's IFE not working. The FA's did an absolutely incredible job given that most people weren't particularly pleased and rather grumpy. Unfortunately, the best I could do was get their names as I didn't have any more stickers
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA,DL
My show in today mail. I re qualified on Oct. 30.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Mine arrived in the mail today
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Mine arrived today. Qualified on 12/4.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Club Gold, HHonors Gold
Glad to see cards are arriving. Hope to get mine soon.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Mine just came today also.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/33.0.1750.15 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

My exp card came today as well!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: AA PRO

I have been gone since 2/28 so I don't know if it arrived yet or not.
I was asked at MAD to show a card as well as my BP which had "emerald" printed on it.... Traveling on AB trying to enter the IB lounge with AA status... Haha... I had my card which expired 2/28/14 but the agent cheerfully accepted it and let me in.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Is it still possible to mail things from the US to Europe by ship? If so, I suppose I will be receving my card next summer
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Is it still possible to mail things from the US to Europe by ship? If so, I suppose I will be receving my card next summer
It's not, actually. The USPS eliminated international surface mail in 2007. All international mailings go to the destination country by air.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
I requalified back in December but still didn't get mine.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Any Life Platinum members got the new card?

Any Life Platinum members got the new card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.