Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Where is my elite status card? Card delays - 2014 version (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

2014 Status Year (1 Mar 2014 - 28 Feb 2015) cards earned in 2013 have not shown up in many (all?) members' mail as of 28 Feb 2014. The lack of a current card may create an impediment to receiving oneworld status benefits and prerequisites such as lounge access, priority check-in etc. Some will not acknowledge the photo of one's card, which is undated, in the AA mobile app, and some have previously reported lounge access denied even when a boarding pass reflects one's status and frequent flyer number.

If this has happened to you, unfortunately this is not uncommon this year.

Please go directly to the end of this thread to verify if anyone is reporting they have received theirs.)

The 2015 status year cards (for status 1 Mar 2015 through 29 Feb 2016) may be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/1631904-where-my-elite-status-card-2015-status-year-version-consolidated.html

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kwalder
I was under assumption that there is a different phone number and location when you are calling the AA Advantage service center. At least that is the impression I got when AA responded to my email on this issue.
The only way I know to get to AA CS is thru the AA EXP desk (or any other AA number). Hence the delay getting through.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP

Just got my card and luggage tags today!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:01 pm

3/3- still waiting for my 2014 package.

Would be nice if they could at least post the 2014 Benefits Guide... 2013 still live on AA.com

https://www.aa.com/content/images/AA...mber_Guide.pdf
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Hilton Gold
The date promised on the call was today - I was pleasantly surprised that they performed on the ETA when I opened the mailbox.

Originally Posted by AATravelGuy
Inquired about where my card was this morning on an unrelated call. ACS rep quoted off a random ETA in early March.. We'll see if they deliver by that date.

Not that I really need the card but every other loyalty card has already delivered this year's card for what that's worth.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I sent a web request to inquire about my missing card. A very pleasant lady called today and told me my card was shipped March 2, and that I should get it in "4-6 weeks".

"?", I said.

Apparently since they have customers all over the world with varying mail delivery schedules, "4-6 weeks" is the standard response. Since I'm in California, I should expect it a lot sooner.

While this very nice lady was on the line, I confirmed my missing 500-mile "stickers". The real number in my account matches what I think I should have and what I see if I view the source code of the account web page. She told me that rather than erroneous random numbers getting displayed, they took that part out and are working on debugging it.

It was refreshing to get a pleasant, informative phone call instead of a dumb form letter.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I sent a web request to inquire about my missing card. A very pleasant lady called today and told me my card was shipped March 2, and that I should get it in "4-6 weeks".

"?", I said.
Heh... Pony express.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I was told I would receive my card 3 to 5 weeks from Fri Jan 16, never got it.

Sent a message to customer service online, got this answer back on February 27.

First, on behalf of all of us here at AAdvantage® Customer Service,
thank you for being one of our valued AAdvantage Platinum® members. I
apologize for the delay and appreciate the opportunity to assist you
now.

We apologize that you have not yet received your AAdvantage Platinum®
card, valid through February 2015. We are currently experiencing a
mailing delay, but we expect that you will receive your card within
approximately a month. To demonstrate your elite status before then, you
might be interested in downloading our AA.com Mobile app
(www.aa.com/app). With it, you may display your elite status immediately
on your smartphone.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience. We appreciate you!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, HH
I also got the same exact reply when I inquired by email when I would receive my card.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Originally Posted by macintoshd
Sent a message to customer service online, got this answer back on February 27.
Originally Posted by Jake2815
I also got the same exact reply when I inquired by email when I would receive my card.
You guys are doing well. I sent a query to AAdvantage Customer service, and got nada as far as a response. I'm bummed not to hear back from AA since I complain less than once every 5 years or so...

How long did it take them to respond?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA, HH
It took 3 days before I got my reply.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
And as expected, found out about non Concierge Key renewal when denied admission to an Admirals Club. I really enjoyed having the benefit during the past year and the staff on the CK team was great, but there has to be a better way to inform one of non renewal when they spend $35 k per year with plenty of F class paid tickets. Rant.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by george 3
And as expected, found out about non Concierge Key renewal when denied admission to an Admirals Club. I really enjoyed having the benefit during the past year and the staff on the CK team was great, but there has to be a better way to inform one of non renewal when they spend $35 k per year with plenty of F class paid tickets. Rant.
Ouch.

They really need to work on their communication.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, United 1k, Hilton Gold, Budget Slowbreak. Hertz 5 Star
Got pretty much the same email as macintosh.

Said they had already sent mine out but would send another set of credentials and would arrive in 3-5 weeks.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Antarius
Ouch.

They really need to work on their communication.
Today I'm royally pissed at the way I found out, but I would never take it out on the AC staff and in fact sent a thank you email to the CK desk thanking various staff by location for the excellent service provided during my one year in CK.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by kwalder
Said they had already sent mine out but would send another set of credentials and would arrive in 3-5 weeks.
Uh huh. Likely story AA. Postal service must have lost it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.