Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - (2017 on)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IADCAflyer
Speculation: New Routes, Hubs, Flights (2017 Onward)
Because there is community interest in having a purely speculative discussion about whether other airports will pop up to become focus cities or hubs, new routes, etc. the following new thread has been amalgamated on this topic.

Note:

Going: 9 A330-300, ER190, some older 757-200 and 8 767-300ER (leaving 17), MD-80

Coming: Remainder of 16 Boeing 26 787-8, 22 Boeing 787-9 (began later 2016). A320 family - 100 A321neo, and B737-800 (100 737-MAX8) aircraft.

See Cranky Flier article on 2016 fleet changes, AA-HP-US. Link.

Also see: HELP DESK: General questions about aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE, etc.

Speculation fun time: Will xxx be the next AA focus city / hub? (consolidated)

Obsolete posts from 2015 on have been moved to ARCHIVE: Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - 2015 on

All posts prior to 2015 have been moved here: ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)
Print Wikipost

Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - (2017 on)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
My rumor mill always had it as PHL getting the new TATL service at the expense of JFK.

Did they announce the JFK-MAN cut today? I only just skimmed through what came out so far. JFK-EDI very much in danger as well.

There has not been a formal announcement on JFK- Man or JFK- Zurich as well as the frequency cut to Paris. But it has been reported that it has been noted on Twitter
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Did they announce the JFK-MAN cut today? I only just skimmed through what came out so far.
Yes, the Airways article mentions that AA is ceasing MAN service.

JFK-EDI very much in danger as well.
Meaning kill it or move it back to PHL?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cltfc
There has not been a formal announcement on JFK- Man or JFK- Zurich as well as the frequency cut to Paris. But it has been reported that it has been noted on Twitter
Appreciated!

Originally Posted by ashill
Meaning kill it or move it back to PHL?
Not actually sure.

I'm expecting new and increased LHR service to be announced quite soon as well.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Where would the slots come from?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:51 pm

Appreciated!

Your Welcome

Not actually sure.

From Phl, Clt or New Cities?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
PHL is TERRIBLE for international connections. Unless Parker has a solution for SLOW baggage service and security for those clearing customs to domestic gates, it will be necessary to increase the ID minimum connection time to AT LEAST 2 hours, increasing travel time for most connecting passengers.

I make EVERY effort to avoid PHL ID connections.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by diver858
PHL is TERRIBLE for international connections. Unless Parker has a solution for SLOW baggage service and security for those clearing customs to domestic gates, it will be necessary to increase the ID minimum connection time to AT LEAST 2 hours, increasing travel time for most connecting passengers.

Not to mention the surly ground staff. Then again, there was no solution for any of these back when it was USAir either so I wouldn't expect to see any changes.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond

This seems a bit overblown, IMHO. I can't see how PHL is any worse than JFK for this.
stc and JonNYC like this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:45 pm

LAX-JFK-EU is a J fare I'd buy. LAX-PHL-EU hell to the no.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott

Originally Posted by cmd320
Not to mention the surly ground staff. Then again, there was no solution for any of these back when it was USAir either so I wouldn't expect to see any changes.
The same can be said for JFK.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29
... Prague and Budapest I believe are eligible for subsidies from PHL too. Slightly disappointed no BER, but still good ads nonetheless.
What subsidies?? PHL hasn't paid subsidies for international routes for at least 20 years . The only routes for subsidy consideration would be an international carrier to NRT or possibly PEK.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:33 pm

I fly PIT-PHL-LHR, PIT-PHL-MUC and PIT-PHL-MAD on average (over the past 7 years) bi-monthly and find your assessment, to put it diplomatically, absurd.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Austin787
The same can be said for JFK.
Valid. I should say the surly and incompetent ground staff. While they're definitely also surly at JFK, they generally can get the job done in a pinch. In Philly no one cares about anything.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by perseus11
What subsidies?? PHL hasn't paid subsidies for international routes for at least 20 years . The only routes for subsidy consideration would be an international carrier to NRT or possibly PEK.
Here's a link to the Air Carrier Incentive program that is dated May 2017

http://www.phl.org/Pages/Business/AirIncentivePro.aspx
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by nova08
Here's a link to the Air Carrier Incentive program that is dated May 2017

http://www.phl.org/Pages/Business/AirIncentivePro.aspx
Interesting. Oly skimmed the doc, but BUD and PRG are listed as targeted European markets eligible for subsidies (subsidies vary based on year-round vs seasonal service). ZRH is not on the list, but MXP and EDI are.....

Other targeted European cities on the list: TXL, CPH, DUS, GVA, HEL, IST (isn't Turkey in Asia?), LYS, NCE, ARN, VIE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.