Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev

This thread is dedicated to discussion of current, and announced, routes of the new American Airlines (comprised of American Airlines and US Airways), changes to existing service levels (reductions, enhancements, drops) as well as speculation for future routes within the network.

This thread is an archive. For the current thread, head here:

Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion - 2016 on)

~ New American Forum Moderation Team

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 1, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion) [Archive]

if anyone out in AA land is listening, please give me PVD-ORD.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold Med , UA, AS, WN, HHonors Silver, Marriott, IHG Rewards Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by miamigrad
...as well as speculation for future routes within the network.

~ New American Forum Moderation Team
Hell, why not. You asked for it.

I think one longtime forum member (not me) thinks making SJC a AA hub would be a great idea. We can't have enough discussion on this topic.

Last edited by Peter T.; Dec 10, 2013 at 2:59 am Reason: replaced animated GIFs with a static one
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:25 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

GSP to MIA and I will leave Delta...just saying
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Peter T.
Hell, why not. You asked for it.

I think one longtime forum member (not me) thinks making SJC a AA hub would be a great idea. We can't have enough discussion on this topic.
ha! years ago, back in 1989 I think, I flew MRY-SJC-LAX, through the SJC hub, on AA. with changing and all, it probably would have been faster to just drive (and that's what I did the next trip down).

Last edited by dstan; Dec 9, 2013 at 4:48 pm Reason: removed quote of deleted GIF
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Buh Bye

Buh Bye PHX and PHL. I won't miss ya.

Love,

Wishful Thinking
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I am stocking up now on British Airways Avios for awesomely cheap flights from Charlotte once US Airways goes oneworld
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by beofotch
I am stocking up now on British Airways Avios for awesomely cheap flights from Charlotte once US Airways goes oneworld
Here's hoping. Being based in CLT with family and friends all around the southeast, that's the one big bright spot in this merger for me.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA platinum prom United Silver, Marriott Titanium lifetime, Hilton Diamond
How about twice daily ROA-ORD to go at UA. I will be heading for trial preferred in January and that would be sweet
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:42 pm

As a Phoenix native I'm going to miss the hub presence when it eventually happens. Although I'm currently living/flying out of SNA the ability to fly almost anywhere nonstop when I was in Phoenix was great - easy airport, typically short security lines, very rare weather delays, etc.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by dirkman
Buh Bye PHX and PHL. I won't miss ya.

Love,

Wishful Thinking
Originally Posted by lizs
As a Phoenix native I'm going to miss the hub presence when it eventually happens. Although I'm currently living/flying out of SNA the ability to fly almost anywhere nonstop when I was in Phoenix was great - easy airport, typically short security lines, very rare weather delays, etc.
DOJ forced status quo at all hubs for at least three years. And I'd argue that three years is a long time and anything can happen...
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
Here's hoping. Being based in CLT with family and friends all around the southeast, that's the one big bright spot in this merger for me.
Hope BA won't change their rules after Us join in OW.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
DOJ forced status quo at all hubs for at least three years. And I'd argue that three years is a long time and anything can happen...
Does anyone know where the details of this portion of the settlement can be found? I remember details being reported (at the time of settlement) that there is some 'out' language relative to the market/business factors changing. However, I was not able to find anything related to the hub agreement at all in the DOJ or DOT settlement docs?

I believe the maintenance of the hubs for X years was part of the settlement with the various state AGs (not DOJ or DOT directly) so perhaps that's why I can't find a centralized settlement document. Can anyone point me to the specific settlement document / language that covers hub and service level maintenance?

FYI, this is what I do have (which doesn't seem to include the hub/service level maintenance agreement)
DOJ Proposed Final Judgement (divesture of slots/gates) - http://www.justice.gov/atr/cases/f301600/301624.pdf
DOT agreement (usage of DCA commuter slots for small/medium airports) - http://www.dot.gov/sites/dot.dev/fil...DOT_US_AA_.pdf
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
International routes:

PHX-NAS/SDQ/MBJ/KIN/CZM/ZIH/PTY/GUA/BZE/NRT/SYD/MEL/BNE/PPT/AKL/HKG/FPO/MHH/MGA

MIA-TLV/JNB/CPT/NBO/DKR/SID/CAI/AMM/DXB/DOH/AUH/IPC

Domestic USA routes:

MIA-HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH/SNA/SMF/RNO/SLC/FAR/FSD/CID/DSM/FNT/PWM/MHT/BTV

MIA-PDX/EUG/RDD/COS/GJT/ICT/OMA/ELP/LBB/CRP/BHM/HSV/MOB/JAN/MEM/TYS

MIA-TRI/PIA/BMI/TVC/GRR/AVL/MYR/GPT/BTR/SHV

PHX-JAX/CHS/CAE/MOB/BHM/HSV/SHV/BTR/GPT/LBB/GNV/DAB/SAV/ITO/PPG/GUM.

Let the speculation begin.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Routes and Hubs (Speculation Discussion)

PHX will slowly die down once service has been sent to LAX.

CLT may see movement of some flights to DFW and MIA but will stay a good focus city.

PHL will be another domestic hub for AA. There just isn't the capacity at LGA, JFK or ORD for all the flights that PHL handles. Expect to see LGA-PHL shuttle service on the old American Eagle ERDs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.