Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AA Admirals Club and US Airways Club members currently have reciprocal Club access.

Please note: CitiBank's AAdvantage World Executive Card provides full Admirals Club membership, not "Admirals Club access". Also note here is no actual one month pass, only the one month membership, which includes full Admirals Club privileges; though not so with the 24 hour pass, which provides Club access to one person).

US Airways and American Airlines members have full oneworld lounge access privileges, as US is now listed as a oneworld affiliate airline under American Airlines' oneworld membership.

Please add changes as they occur. Such as:

DCA / Washington Reagan: June 5, 2014, the US Airways Club located on the Center Pier at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) will consolidate with the Admirals Club on the Center Pier. The US Airways Club on the North Pier will continue operating.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
Hello,
Was wondering if anyone might be able to comment on a couple of related questions:

- I have a one-day pass for US Airways Club (via Barclays Card) - seems like this should be accepted for entry into Admirals Club when reciprocity is official?

- The pass specifically says for US locations only, but I'd really like to use it in the CDG Admirals Club on the way back from Paris. Any comments on whether the lounge dragons are strict about that kind of enforcement?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by LAXJFKesq
Since we are speculating, how about clubs for the new AA in the following locations:

1. FLL
2. LAS
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Agreed. Add to that list IND, CMH, MCO, SEA, IAH, MCI, SMF, DTW and perhaps a few others. Some of them would be green-field locations and others would be reopenings of former Admirals Club locations.

WTH, why not reopen the SJC club, too.
I'd love to see a big club expansion, but my gut says it won't happen. UA has opened exactly one new location (LAS) since their merger, and DL has actually closed four cities (DEN, IAD, MCI, SJC) since merging with NW.

I could easily see justification for SEA, though. IAH and DTW might make sense, save for the competing hubs -- and the complication of figuring out where to put one in DTW North.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Originally Posted by LAXJFKesq
Since we are speculating, how about clubs for the new AA in the following locations:

1. FLL
2. LAS

The new AA will have a significant presence at both these airports. Furthermore, neither airline currently has a club presence at the aforementioned airports.
I loves the Old Us club in LAS even though it was outside security.. It was small but those girls in there were awesome. Even if I wasn't flying tru LAS (it was a hub at the time) I could call them and get fixed whatever I needed.. Love them

Now with the new AA Wonder what the plan is.. I've not been tru Las in years and don't know what there presence is would they go to new terminal or would AA come over to the US side? It was getting some improvements but its a dump of a terminal..
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
I don't expect AA to go around building a ton of new clubs at all, however there is still a club that sits mothballed in Houston at the AA gates, and I think it's ripe for reopening.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by shoeflyer
Hello,
- I have a one-day pass for US Airways Club (via Barclays Card) - seems like this should be accepted for entry into Admirals Club when reciprocity is official?
We'll have to wait and see -- I have some doubts, but it's possible that they'll allow this.

Last edited by ty97; Dec 14, 2013 at 2:44 pm Reason: edited for clarity
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Microwave
Careful, last time I checked the "well" "vodka" was this:

LoL - I second that!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by shoeflyer
Hello,
Was wondering if anyone might be able to comment on a couple of related questions:

- The pass specifically says for US locations only, but I'd really like to use it in the CDG Admirals Club on the way back from Paris. Any comments on whether the lounge dragons are strict about that kind of enforcement?

Thanks!
I would think yes, at some point. My rational - when CO/UA merged and created the "United Club", passes from Red Carpet and Presidents Club were accepted.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Going to PHL a few times in Jan. Can I use my Admirals club to get in or do I need to use my UA card?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:28 am

After April 1 (if not sooner), do we expect that a paid US club membership will enable access to oneworld lounges outside North America?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cactus47
After April 1 (if not sooner), do we expect that a paid US club membership will enable access to oneworld lounges outside North America?
I can't imagine why it would, given that Admirals Club membership does not.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by cactus47
Paid Admirals Club access doesn't even permit blanket access to oneworld lounges outside North America, and it's not something I would expect to start any time in the near future, so the answer to your question is a no.

Most oneworld lounges are based on class of service, and access is granted to some status-holders as well, but paid membership is not the norm. There are some non-AC lounges which do permit paid AC members access; a full list of available lounges can be found here, and this is a partial list of non-AA lounges which do offer some level of access to AC members (Qantas Club lounges-not all QF lounges, just Qantas Club lounges-also offer a level of access but are not listed on that page).
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by SJC AA
I can't imagine why it would, given that Admirals Club membership does not.
Presumably because global *A lounge access is an explicit benefit of US club membership. I would think members would be entitled to some sort of equivalent benefit through the end of their current membership term.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by dtremit
Presumably because global *A lounge access is an explicit benefit of US club membership. I would think members would be entitled to some sort of equivalent benefit through the end of their current membership term.
Exactly. I wasn't sure how oneworld lounge access operates, but a big benefit of a paid US club membership is that it entitles you to entrance into almost any *A business class lounge worldwide. (Although getting in can sometimes be tricky because paid lounge memberships are rare outside North America.)
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
IIRC both BA and CX look very unfavorably on paid lounge access, so I'd be very surprised if this were changed, even temporarily, due to a merger of just one of the OneWorld airlines.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Dec 15, 2013 at 8:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:32 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a chance in hell of that happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.