Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AA Admirals Club and US Airways Club members currently have reciprocal Club access.

Please note: CitiBank's AAdvantage World Executive Card provides full Admirals Club membership, not "Admirals Club access". Also note here is no actual one month pass, only the one month membership, which includes full Admirals Club privileges; though not so with the 24 hour pass, which provides Club access to one person).

US Airways and American Airlines members have full oneworld lounge access privileges, as US is now listed as a oneworld affiliate airline under American Airlines' oneworld membership.

Please add changes as they occur. Such as:

DCA / Washington Reagan: June 5, 2014, the US Airways Club located on the Center Pier at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) will consolidate with the Admirals Club on the Center Pier. The US Airways Club on the North Pier will continue operating.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus

This thread is dedicated to discussion of club facility consolidation between American Airlines and US Airways, which will include Admirals Clubs, US Airways Clubs, the Envoy Lounge, Flagship Lounges and US/AA branded arrivals lounges, including issues relating to catering changes, location changes/closures and reciprocal lounge access.

~ New American Forum Moderation Team

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 10, 2013 at 2:07 am
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:16 pm

What types of food, do they serve in the Admirals Club? Is it hot food, or just crackers, pretzels, soup and stuff like that like in the US Airways Club?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Piedmont767
What types of food, do they serve in the Admirals Club? Is it hot food, or just crackers, pretzels, soup and stuff like that like in the US Airways Club?
Depending on the time of day and club, I've seen muffins, fruit, pastries, cheese and crackers, pretzels, chex mix knockoff, and various vegetables and dipping.

Hot food is available for purchase, and is free inside the First Class lounges, which are available only to passengers traveling in 3-class F or top-tier elites traveling on an intercontinental flight.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AA and US lounges will no longer be available for access by AmEx Platinum and Centurion cardholders.

However, there is a new and reportedly excellent Centurion lounge at DFW (free for Plat and Centruion cards), with additional ones planned at some other AA hubs.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
How does Wifi work in US lounges? free for all, do you have to log in with your FF#, just curious how it works. I've never step foot in a US lounge, heck I've only stepped foot on a US plane once.. well I did fly America west so skip that LOL
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
US Airways Clubs have recently converted to a "free for everyone" AT&T access, where you simply click "I Accept" to the terms and conditions.

In the past, you would log in with your FF#/password. If you weren't a Club member, or if you had multiple devices, you would get a one-time use scratch-off code. This former system was provided by T-Mobile. I don't believe any of the US Clubs have the old T-Mobile system.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nall
Hot food is available for purchase, and is free inside the First Class lounges, which are available only to passengers traveling in 3-class F or top-tier elites traveling on an intercontinental flight.
Where are there "first class" lounges vs normal Admirals clubs?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:53 pm

I hope the booze selections improve and you won't just have the complimentary house wines and Bud/Bud light that US airways serves.

What is your speculations on this? Possibly they could add hot soups, sandwiches and other snack items as well.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
AA and US lounges will no longer be available for access by AmEx Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
Actually, you have until the third week of March 2014 to get in, so hurry!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:38 pm

US Air Club at LGA honored my Admirals Club card today

Don't know what the "rules" might be, but at least some of the door agents are being friendly and allowing USAir club access to Admiral's club members.

Probably can't look up the membership status, but I had my card with me.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
These 'First Class' lounges, branded as 'Flagship Lounge', are located at LAX, ORD, JFK and LHR only. Despite DFW being the main hub, there is no Flagship lounge at that airport.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:42 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by AA since 85
Don't know what the "rules" might be, but at least some of the door agents are being friendly and allowing USAir club access to Admiral's club members.

This post has been moved over from the Reciprocal Elite Benefits thread to this thread on Reciprocal Club Access. Thanks for your understanding.

/Moderator
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
What will Glenlivet cost in the new AA AAdmirals club? (Speculation Discussion)

I just paid $12-and-change ($15 with tip) for a shot of Glenlivet. (It wasn't a measured pour, but it might as well have been.) What do you suppose this will cost me once the lounge operations are merged?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:04 pm

probably $12.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AA since 85

A card will do the trick, but it can be looked up if the numbers are provided. A card is much quicker though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.