Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AA Admirals Club and US Airways Club members currently have reciprocal Club access.

Please note: CitiBank's AAdvantage World Executive Card provides full Admirals Club membership, not "Admirals Club access". Also note here is no actual one month pass, only the one month membership, which includes full Admirals Club privileges; though not so with the 24 hour pass, which provides Club access to one person).

US Airways and American Airlines members have full oneworld lounge access privileges, as US is now listed as a oneworld affiliate airline under American Airlines' oneworld membership.

Please add changes as they occur. Such as:

DCA / Washington Reagan: June 5, 2014, the US Airways Club located on the Center Pier at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) will consolidate with the Admirals Club on the Center Pier. The US Airways Club on the North Pier will continue operating.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / USAirways Club Merger Developments, Reciprocal Access [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Blumie
I just paid $12-and-change ($15 with tip) for a shot of Glenlivet. (It wasn't a measured pour, but it might as well have been.) What do you suppose this will cost me once the lounge operations are merged?
It's difficult to project. On one hand, AA is larger and has better economies of scale, so the price should go down. On the other hand, it has less club competition, so it can raise prices.

My guess is ~$12.

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 10, 2013 at 2:04 am Reason: Added quote post-merge
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
It's difficult to project. On one hand, AA is larger and has better economies of scale, so the price should go down. On the other hand, it has less club competition, so it can raise prices.

My guess is ~$12.
One drink voucher + Tip! (For International travelers)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I just paid $12-and-change ($15 with tip) for a shot of Glenlivet. (It wasn't a measured pour, but it might as well have been.) What do you suppose this will cost me once the lounge operations are merged?
$12.95

Can UpCheck® also be used to calculate liquor pricing probabilities?

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 10, 2013 at 2:04 am Reason: Added quote post-merge
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Any confirmation yet that lifetime members of either club will be honored in the new regime?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As there is already an existing thread discussing lounge consolidation, this thread has been merged in to that discussion.

Given that there are only a handful of threads in the new consolidated forum, we would look to all members to look through those thread titles before starting new ones.

~Moderator
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by zrs70
Any confirmation yet that lifetime members of either club will be honored in the new regime?
From a legal standpoint, they have to. A lifetime isa contract and neither airline abrogated theirs when in bankruptcy.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70
Originally Posted by jeffhacker
From a legal standpoint, they have to. A lifetime isa contract and neither airline abrogated theirs when in bankruptcy.
The legality of lifetime benefits is currently in court. I assume they will follow the CO/UA model... change/reduce the benefits but say "we are giving you more".

See the thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...13-update.html
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by 110pgl
The legality of lifetime benefits is currently in court. I assume they will follow the CO/UA model... change/reduce the benefits but say "we are giving you more".

See the thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...13-update.html
I believe there are some major differences between that UA situation and a purchased "Lifetime" membership. Any issue with the latter is unlikely to see the inside of a courtroom.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1k; MR Platinum; SPG Gold
Has there been any announcement about expanding the size of the current lounges?

Inevitably some AA or US lounges will close due to overlap, more lounges = more opportunities to use status/membership, etc etc - all the other things that will affect the volume in the lounges.

Bottom line, it seems to me that the lounges will jump in traffic. I've always loved that the AA lounges were less busy than UA (UA/CO) and DL (can't really speak to what US clubs are like). For me, it would really be unfortunate if the New AA didn't preserve this.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by OWdevotee
These 'First Class' lounges, branded as 'Flagship Lounge', are located at LAX, ORD, JFK and LHR only.
I have photos of the domestic ones linked below in the lounge gallery.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium and Delta Gold
Reciprocal Immediately?

At what point are these programs reciprocal? I have memberships to both that expire in February and would guess that I only need to purchase an Admirals Club membership going forward.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
In what locations do US and AA both currently have lounges? Since I'm more familiar with US (and because the list is smaller), I thought I'd list out the airports with US lounges, and others can add/correct where I'm missing overlap:

BOS
BUF
BDL
CLT
DCA
GSO
LAX
LGA
PIT
PHL
PHX
RDU
TPA

The locations in bold are the ones where I *think* there is overlap (I definitely could be wrong or missing something).
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
Originally Posted by DCdeacon
In what locations do US and AA both currently have lounges? Since I'm more familiar with US (and because the list is smaller), I thought I'd list out the airports with US lounges, and others can add/correct where I'm missing overlap:

BOS
BUF
BDL
CLT
DCA
GSO
LAX
LGA
PIT
PHL
PHX
RDU
TPA

The locations in bold are the ones where I *think* there is overlap (I definitely could be wrong or missing something).
BOS definitely has both. They are on the opposite sides of Terminal B (really two separate terminals B1 and B2, which are in the process of being connected with a significant renovation/expansion.)

Once the B1 and B2 connector is completed (scheduled for March 2014), the two clubs will presumably remain as they are, at least until AA and US decide how (or whether) they will move to a contiguous footprint within the new Terminal B.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
RDU is another interesting situation with lounge, AA and US both have lounge at RDU. I do not think it is possible to physically expand the size of current lounges at RDU. However, consolidating and keep only one lounge open at RDU likely will be too small of a size for both AA and US lounge customers combined. But not sure if there are anything else they (New AA) can do about this. It sure does not make sense to have two lounges at two separate locations at Terminal 2 RDU.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:21 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
PHL definitely has both. US has a HUGE lounge just down the concourse from the AA/BA lounge.

Originally Posted by DCdeacon

BOS
BUF
BDL
CLT
DCA
GSO
LAX
LGA
PIT
PHL
PHX
RDU
TPA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.