Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
My favorite story of this kind was when I completed a transcon in Business - they had the sealed plastic bags with the duvet and large pillow at each seat. As we deplaned, two twin brothers (maybe 18 years old) just ahead of me exited the plane carrying their still-sealed bags. They were making no effort to hide the big plastic bags and in fact walked right past a couple of FAs who said nothing. Oh well .....
Perhaps (just perhaps), it is a misunderstanding. After all, premium cabin pax ARE allowed to removed their amenity kits and PJs (if offered) whether opened or not. Perhaps some think the same of sealed blankets and pillows... Just sayin...
Old May 29, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
I have a 4hr overnight layover at JFK in a few weeks on a SFO-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-SFO MR.

I'm thinking of telling the FA I will be borrowing the pillow-duvet on my LAX-JFK leg for a couple of hours and will drop them at the gate just before the AC opens at 4:15AM.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:04 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Blanket Thief - AA4606 DCA-PHL 083018

On 4606 DCA-PHL on 083018, this tool in F grabs 2 wrapped blankets on the way off the plane, put them under his arm and politely walks off. The FA and GA both gave him weird looks but didn't say anything. He went to baggage claim, blankets still under his arm, grabbed his checked bag and left. I've seen plenty of people toss a blanket in their bags, but to take two and not even try to hide it?!? And when I finally got a front view of him, he was wearing a "If it ain't Boeing, I'm not going" t-shirt, which was funny because we were on an E175.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:54 am Reason: Redacted photos with identifiable images for privacy
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
I really don't see the need for you to post a passenger's face on here. He took 2 blankets - that's an issue between him and the airline.
Unterwegs, pandaperth and bse118 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec. Plat.)
How else are people going to buy them on eBay?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:55 am

If I were this guy, I would ask FT to take those photos of me down. Bit inappropriate and quite unnecessary. The story could have easily been told without the unsolicited photo op. It is hardly a cardinal sin.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I bet it’s probably a college kid who needed them. No it’s not right but that’s my best guess.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by asf-07
I really don't see the need for you to post a passenger's face on here. He took 2 blankets - that's an issue between him and the airline.
He stole 2 blankets.

Theft is a criminal offense.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catcher1
He stole 2 blankets.

is there a sign up sheet for ft vigilantes?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by catcher1
He stole 2 blankets.

It's only a criminal offense if AA presses charges. The FA and the GA didn't stop him.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
It's only a criminal offense if AA presses charges. The FA and the GA didn't stop him.
i think he was being sarcastic.

I hope.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Unless the mods have taken down an additional picture I only see the back of a young male. Hard to believe he wasn't stopped by either the FA or GA.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
It'd be one thing to whine/complain about a passenger stealing something of value such as a possession owned by a passenger or BOSE headphones/a kettle from the galley. No one, including airline employees, care if a passenger walks off with a cheap blanket. Now if it was a first class duvet/cover on an international flight those cost money so I would expect them to get upset but not over one of those cheap blankets.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Unless the mods have taken down an additional picture I only see the back of a young male. Hard to believe he wasn't stopped by either the FA or GA.
See the note below the picture.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: none
Reading this thread is better than gossip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.