FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Passengers steal blanket, duvet, etc. Cabin theft. (Consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1504764-passengers-steal-blanket-duvet-etc-cabin-theft-consolidated.html)

caymancanuck Sep 20, 13 11:02 am

Now I have seen it all - blanket swiped from F seat by Y pax
 
Was on my way home to GCM yesterday from MIA. I boarded early, got settled in 4B and was dealing with some emails when I see an arm reach into the seat back and grab the blanket. The offending passenger was dressed in shorts and a tank top (male) and the aircraft was on the chilly side. The man kept on walking and I had to get out of my seat and tell him that the blanket goes with the seat, he gave me a dirty look then gave back the blanket.

This was all in view of the FA who did not comment.

And I thought Y pax stuffing their luggage into the F bins was getting bad.

3Cforme Sep 20, 13 11:11 am

I'm going to suggest there are lots of things you have yet to see... ;)

If an FA wants to play blanket police, the FA is welcome to do so. I'm not going to worry about temporary reallocation of trivial AA assets within the aircraft.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Sep 20, 13 11:15 am


Originally Posted by caymancanuck (Post 21476650)
Was on my way home to GCM yesterday from MIA. I boarded early, got settled in 4B and was dealing with some emails when I see an arm reach into the seat back and grab the blanket. The offending passenger was dressed in shorts and a tank top (male) and the aircraft was on the chilly side. The man kept on walking and I had to get out of my seat and tell him that the blanket goes with the seat, he gave me a dirty look then gave back the blanket.

This was all in view of the FA who did not comment.

And I thought Y pax stuffing their luggage into the F bins was getting bad.

It would have been funnier if it were the seat back in front of you, so your blanket? Was it? Was it? :)

cynicAAl Sep 20, 13 11:25 am

there problem is that curtain is no security; there really should be a locking door.

I've seen a Y pax steal the J duvet from the J overhead bin on DFW-EZE. As soon as the woman got all snuggled and comfy, the FA came along and took it from her.

Arsey00 Sep 20, 13 11:30 am

Sorry, mate. But it was really cold... ;)

Antarius Sep 20, 13 11:36 am


Originally Posted by Arsey00 (Post 21476785)
Sorry, mate. But it was really cold... ;)

:D

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Sep 20, 13 11:59 am


Originally Posted by Arsey00 (Post 21476785)
Sorry, mate. But it was really cold... ;)

Why were you only wearing a tank top and shorts in an air-conditioned plane? :)

panjabi Sep 20, 13 12:10 pm


Originally Posted by caymancanuck (Post 21476650)
Was on my way home to GCM yesterday from MIA. I boarded early, got settled in 4B and was dealing with some emails when I see an arm reach into the seat back and grab the blanket. The offending passenger was dressed in shorts and a tank top (male) and the aircraft was on the chilly side. The man kept on walking and I had to get out of my seat and tell him that the blanket goes with the seat, he gave me a dirty look then gave back the blanket.

This was all in view of the FA who did not comment.

And I thought Y pax stuffing their luggage into the F bins was getting bad.

That is NOT News... that is basically "Dog Bites Man"...

Now, if a F pax was caught stealing something from Coach and bringing it to First Class ..THAT would be news!

Exec_Plat Sep 20, 13 12:10 pm

I was on a flight in 6F when a Y pax boarding the plane asked the FA, (who was at the curtain), 'do you have any blankets". She said no.

Seat mate in 6D went to hand his blanket to the Pax and the FA said "oh, sorry- those are to stay in first".

Go figure.

Trend Sep 20, 13 12:36 pm

Blanket swipe
 
Seems to happen quite often since they removed them from coach.

TravellingSalesman Sep 20, 13 1:00 pm

I can sympathise in that AA planes to seem to be awfully cold, especially on overnight flights (or maybe I just notice more, then). On a GCM-MIA in summer it basically means you need to bring extra clothes just for the flight.

(Not justifying the part of just taking the blanket from another passenger, mind.)

aamilesslave Sep 20, 13 1:06 pm


Originally Posted by cynicAAl (Post 21476763)
there problem is that curtain is no security; there really should be a locking door.

Hello, Jerry!

--Did you see all the flowers in that bathroom? It's like an English garden in there.
--They're gardenias, mostly.
--I thought I smelled lilac.
--Yes, there are a few of those, too.

caymancanuck Sep 20, 13 1:30 pm


Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 21477318)
Hello, Jerry!

--Did you see all the flowers in that bathroom? It's like an English garden in there.
--They're gardenias, mostly.
--I thought I smelled lilac.
--Yes, there are a few of those, too.

they put the fudge on the bottom so that you can control your fudge distribution

austin_modern Sep 20, 13 1:45 pm

W.P.P.

TrojanHorse Sep 20, 13 1:47 pm

so that is it? someone stole a blanked out of first

next


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:11 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.