Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: BusinessExtra / Business Extra Awards (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: BusinessExtra / Business Extra Awards (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 11:18 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wissou
Is there another way (expertflyer maybe?) to look at availability for BXP1 upgrade space ?

thanks
Yes, the BXP1 upgrades use the same upgrade class inventory as the miles/SWU upgrades (A for First and C for Business). As such, you can use the ExpertFlyer Award and Upgrade search to see, and be alerted about, the A&C upgrade class inventory for AA flights.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Yes, the BXP1 upgrades use the same upgrade class inventory as the miles/SWU upgrades (A for First and C for Business). As such, you can use the ExpertFlyer Award and Upgrade search to see, and be alerted about, the A&C upgrade class inventory for AA flights.
great ! thanks !
Old May 26, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
this is very helpful, I didn't know about this tool!

For those of you who don't know how to google , here is the link:

http://www.expertflyer.com/airline-upgrades-awards
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:13 am

Is the only way to redeem this upgrade via an actual paper voucher? I have a flight in the AM that is F1 A1 so I'm not hopeful that my X upgrade will clear. I'd like to avoid using miles + copay or a SWU, and have some BE points available to me. Is it possible to use a BXP1 upgrade at this point or is it too late?

Before you direct me to call, I thought I'd get the correct answer here since dealing with meeting services is akin to dealing with an animal at the zoo.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ross0
Is the only way to redeem this upgrade via an actual paper voucher? I have a flight in the AM that is F1 A1 so I'm not hopeful that my X upgrade will clear. I'd like to avoid using miles + copay or a SWU, and have some BE points available to me. Is it possible to use a BXP1 upgrade at this point or is it too late?

Before you direct me to call, I thought I'd get the correct answer here since dealing with meeting services is akin to dealing with an animal at the zoo.
You must have Paper certificate and they only batch mail twice a week. I offered to pick up at HDQ or have AA employees that are friends pick up... but no dice. They must mail to you which means a minimum of 3-4 days notice IF you catch the batch right and youre willing to eat the Overnight charges for FedEx. Otgerwise plan on 1-2 weeks
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by imapilotaz
You must have Paper certificate and they only batch mail twice a week. I offered to pick up at HDQ or have AA employees that are friends pick up... but no dice. They must mail to you which means a minimum of 3-4 days notice IF you catch the batch right and youre willing to eat the Overnight charges for FedEx. Otgerwise plan on 1-2 weeks
Thanks. BE is such a horribly designed and managed program.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:56 pm

data point: I redeemed BXP1 awards on the website on a Monday at 11 am and received the certificates in the mail the following Monday.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:12 am

So I redeemed the points and call BE to get the upgrade for my wife on our return flight from Nassau to DFW. The BE agent told me it was done, however, after I got to the front desk at the airport in NAS the agent there told me there was nothing left (even though I was told it was confirmed). So, do Aadvantage upgrades/EXP upgrades have precedence over a BXP1 upgrade? I guess I'm gonna have to try to use it again in another flight...
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:02 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by alecheverry
So I redeemed the points and call BE to get the upgrade for my wife on our return flight from Nassau to DFW. The BE agent told me it was done, however, after I got to the front desk at the airport in NAS the agent there told me there was nothing left (even though I was told it was confirmed). So, do Aadvantage upgrades/EXP upgrades have precedence over a BXP1 upgrade? I guess I'm gonna have to try to use it again in another flight...
Why wouldn't you check your reservation online after the call to make sure it was done properly and you had FC seats?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:55 am

I did check the reservation online!

Originally Posted by GB
Why wouldn't you check your reservation online after the call to make sure it was done properly and you had FC seats?
...And I called again (BE) after realizing that she wasn't on first as they indicated on the phone. Then the agent told me I still had to wait until we got to NAS to make sure she was upgraded (Which didn't happen).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
Using a Business Extra Award?

Has anyone redeemed and actually used a Business Extra Award? I have a BX1A Award and it seems the only way I can redeem is to call in to see if flights are available (vs booking by myself online) and flights are rarely available.....Very time consuming and frustrating.

Anyone having a better experiece??
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
Originally Posted by gatemando
Has anyone redeemed and actually used a Business Extra Award? I have a BX1A Award and it seems the only way I can redeem is to call in to see if flights are available (vs booking by myself online) and flights are rarely available.....Very time consuming and frustrating.

Anyone having a better experiece??
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
I've been able to use Business Extra Awards for domestic one class transcon upgrades on ocassion.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by gatemando
These awards book in T class, same as AAdvantage MileSavers. So you can pretend you are booking an AAdvantage MileSaver award to at least see if flights are available. Then you will have to call to have Meeting Services book it for you.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Are BXP1s valid to upgrade from paid business (D, I, J) to first on 3-class transcons? I assumed no, but looking at the fine print, it specifically does not exclude it. The phrase "next class of service" is used.

However, the language around the QSON fares being excluded does mention that the agent should validate the ticket is in another economy fare bucket (not a business cabin fare).
Yes I did one last Friday, and have two booked later in the year. Fare basis is I on the underlying ticket. (SFO-JFK/LAX-JFK).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.