Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2014-15 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2014-15 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: WFBF
Got the double whammy today.

AA545 LAX-PHX departed 36 minutes late (captain said we were waiting to be fueled).

Hustled across from the tail end of A concourse in PHX over to B to make connection to AA596 PHX-MCI, boarded, and proceeded to sit there for a good long while so maintenance could verify that, yep, engine's leaking oil. Which led to de-planing for an aircraft swap, and eventual departure at 10:12PM (originally scheduled for 7:45). Finally arrived at MCI after 1AM.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
AA#147 full of ----!!

AA#147 just had to make an unscheduled landing because the ground crew in BOS forgot to pump! Boy are they gonna be in deep doo-doo... Bet you the pilot's gonna take on some more fuel here too as he was carrying all that extra weight...

Leaning as far away from the aisle as possible as another FA passes by with another handful of full airsickness bags...
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
AA#147 just had to make an unscheduled landing because the ground crew in BOS forgot to pump! Boy are they gonna be in deep doo-doo... Bet you the pilot's gonna take on some more fuel here too as he was carrying all that extra weight...

Leaning as far away from the aisle as possible as another FA passes by with another handful of full airsickness bags...
Looking at FlightAware this same flight diverted on 12/22 to DEN. I wonder if it was for the same reason?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
My plane is delayed at BOS because "a plane went off the runway at ORD" how broad is the impact, will my connection be delayed too?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
My plane is delayed at BOS because "a plane went off the runway at ORD" how broad is the impact, will my connection be delayed too?
Any IRROPS can snowball and keep a lot of things from happening. Flights will get prioritized and any still on the ground will be delayed quicker than those already in flight. Also, depending upon the runway involved may determine which equipment is still allowed to land (ORD has many runways of different lengths).

Your best bet is to lookup our connection on Flight Aware (or other flight tracking site) and look for info on the inbound flight. That may give you a clue to what might happen.

Good luck.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:42 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Happy new year - time for a new thread!

Please use this thread going forward: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.