Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2013-15 77W / 777-300ER First award seat disruptions and downgrades (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013-15 77W / 777-300ER First award seat disruptions and downgrades (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by guy999
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

On the plane j is great I took a picture
Well, this has been fun. Safe travels.

FYI, (1) the climb to the top of Milan's Duomo is totally worth it — it's a rare experience to get to be on the finished roof of a building like that, even if it is jam-packed with tourists; (2) the line at Luini moves really quickly and the panzerotti are great, sort of like their version of the Boston North End's "Mike's Pastry".
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by guera

I hope you both are having a little pre-departure drinkie-poo right now. The vacation has started!
I think the whole plane is full
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by guera
I hope you both are having a little pre-departure drinkie-poo right now. The vacation has started!
I hope they get the meal they want, too.

Guy,

What seat are you in? I assume they still do FEBO in international J.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Who was in your original seats? FAMs or were they really broke and unused? Who much did you end up getting in vouchers and miles?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
you know what, j is pretty nice too. hopefully I can write in after the fact and get a good miles return..
You should have your wife write in to AA asking for compensation. She seems to be better at getting what she wants.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by inlanikai
Ah heck, I want pix from their anniversary dinner, complete with his wife. And she better be tweeting or surfing since she's so addicted to wi-fi.
I would rather sleep on that particular TATL, especially if I had work on the other end.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Guy,

What seat are you in? I assume they still do FEBO in international J.
Oh, you had to bring that up!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Departure just moved back to 6:50 pm on flightaware.

I hope they don't cancel tonight. That would really be a mess with apparently so little excess capacity in premium cabins to LHR.
This is true TPAC as well.
(One particular CX flight ticketed in E that I have is showing W2 R1 E1 and J2 C0 D0 I0. Looks VERY good for an opup. Many others are also F0 A0.)
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
Oh, you had to bring that up!
sorry. Couldn't help it. I assume they carefully pre-selected their meal in F.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:44 pm

Scheduled Time: 04:45 PM
Estimated Time: 06:50 PM

Programs: AA EXP 2.6 MM
What a thread! What seems odd is that we posted on here about wanting F. The advice was to jump ship, but OP decided against it. OP worries like crazy because this is a special trip and wants this particular flight. AA calls to work the O/S. Still is not proactive and get rebooked on an important trip where F is important to him. Then gets offed J or F on another flight. I am SURE that AA would have rebooked him on IB rather than BA for his connection. He passes up F because his wife wants WiFi? Seriously? Some of this agony seems self inflicted. I do like how we all rallied behind an anonymous stranger, because we ALL know that it could have been one of us.
Great post!

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Have a great vacation, I seriously don't want to hear about being walked by your hotel.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danosu77
What a thread! What seems odd is that we posted on here about wanting F. The advice was to jump ship, but OP decided against it. OP worries like crazy because this is a special trip and wants this particular flight. AA calls to work the O/S. Still is not proactive and get rebooked on an important trip where F is important to him. Then gets offed J or F on another flight. I am SURE that AA would have rebooked him on IB rather than BA for his connection. He passes up F because his wife wants WiFi? Seriously? Some of this agony seems self inflicted. I do like how we all rallied behind an anonymous stranger, because we ALL know that it could have been one of us.
Great post!
Even my employer would probably not expect me (or any other employee) to work on this eastbound TATL flight (in fact, the expectation is that you sleep in order to be refreshed at the destination.)
So, Wifi is useless.
(On the westbound, maybe...)
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One

Who's in your F seats?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by adamak
Have a great vacation, I seriously don't want to hear about being walked by your hotel.
Somewhere, there is a new version of, "The Out-of-Towners" in the works...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.